• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre-LOBBY DAY dinner 2016

sidestreet

Making plans to be there…,

but I don't know how many it will be for us. Could be just me, or several more at this point. My planning has been bulldozed for one reason or twenty others the last couple of months. We'll just have to see. I'm afraid to ask what's next!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Think that this dinner has the capacity to set a new standard/record - at the least, it should be a very safe location for a nice meal. :)

More important though will be the turn out at the GAB on the morrow following.

but I don't know how many it will be for us. Could be just me, or several more at this point. My planning has been bulldozed for one reason or twenty others the last couple of months. We'll just have to see. I'm afraid to ask what's next!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.
Was rather pleasantly surprised at the large turnout at the Richmond VCDL pre-lobby day meeting.

Guess that not chanting war cries, doesn't mean not preparing for battle. Saw a substantial and dedicated group of warriors. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it Sunday and Monday yet? This is going to be great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
No - it is still Sunday evening for the pre-Lobby Day dinner, Monday morning for the breakfast, then on to the GAB.

Think of it as the preparation for 2nd Battle of Little Big Horn. My war pony will wear blaze orange GSL markings.

kennys

I know that, will be there for all three, just ready to start. (Are we there yet) :) Friday is over to late for work to resend my PTO day and I was quite clear, not answering the phone till Tuesday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know that, will be there for all three, just ready to start. (Are we there yet) :) Friday is over to late for work to resend my PTO day and I was quite clear, not answering the phone till Tuesday.

So as it is written, so shall it be. We'll keep the light burnin'.

Dress warmly - it'll be somewhat chilly Monday.

FBrinson

Confirmed, the wife and I will be at the dinner.
I will be at the breakfast and the Lobby Day fun and activities.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So as it is written, so shall it be. We'll keep the light burnin'.

Dress warmly - it'll be somewhat chilly Monday.

Weather forcast has improved - will be nearly 60 degrees - Bluebird perfect!!!

Shake out the dust, come on out, we NEED you.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'm showing 23 definite, another half dozen or so maybes, and some from whom I've not heard but fully expect. I presume we'll have around 40 people at the dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm showing 23 definite, another half dozen or so maybes, and some from whom I've not heard but fully expect. I presume we'll have around 40 people at the dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

That number actually will disappoint me, if the pre-dinner can be taken as any indication of Lobby Day numbers to be expected.

Lobby Day is a very important event - it expresses our determination to the GA that will will stand up and defend our rights.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
That number actually will disappoint me, if the pre-dinner can be taken as any indication of Lobby Day numbers to be expected.

Lobby Day is a very important event - it expresses our determination to the GA that will will stand up and defend our rights.

I was tickled by the number that showed for the dinner - what pre-planning and advertising will do is great.

I was extremely disappointed at the turnout for Lobby Day, though strongly heartened by the number of first-timers. Grapeshot, I'm sending you an e-mail with a few observations.