Thread: BATF approves of this "full auto" trigger

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

BATF approves of this "full auto" trigger

Costly but very intriguing.....

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-auto-trigger/

Here's the FUQ
    Itís technically not full-auto at all, youíre still pulling the trigger once for each shot. Check it out in action below.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I saw in a book when I was a kid a way to mount an electric toothbrush motor on a pistol inside a briefcase with the switch on the outside to basically do full auto if you press the button. It made me try to think of a motorized something or other that would quickly pull the trigger whilst something else such as a button inside another trigger guard is depressed.

You know if that new trigger is unregulated or do you gotta go through a bunch of federal hoops?
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

It can't be too hard to make with the right tools...
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 509rifas View Post
    I saw in a book when I was a kid a way to mount an electric toothbrush motor on a pistol inside a briefcase with the switch on the outside to basically do full auto if you press the button. It made me try to think of a motorized something or other that would quickly pull the trigger whilst something else such as a button inside another trigger guard is depressed.

You know if that new trigger is unregulated or do you gotta go through a bunch of federal hoops?
    You can buy the new trigger online ... for five hundred smackers ... ouch

A mechanized version of the string and rubber band?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

BATF approves of this "full auto" trigger

You know, as long as you could make a mechanical device that will assure less than five rounds per second can be fired, it would not be considered a machine gun according to Washington law. I'll have to check out the federal law but if the federal still classifies it as one you'd just need to do the ATF paperwork and get the tax stamp and it would be legal here.

So according to Washington law, a three round burst would be ok to own if that is indeed the case.

(11) "machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

ETA

Looks like the fed is more strict in their definition but I think we should be able to lawfully own a three round burst AR with the proper federal paperwork.

Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 12-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

ATF decided that the switch that activates the motor "becomes" the trigger and it's still a machine gun.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Years ago they used to sell a crank operated cam assy called the "Activator". Could shoot a 10/22 or AR-15 as fast as you could turn the crank.

Unfortunately you could also exceed the "cyclic rate" of 5 rounds per sec. or 300 rounds per minute.

It's not so much what you "Do" that makes these things illegal, it's what they are "capable of". The M-16 aside from the fact it's Full Auto, because it can fire from 700-900 rounds per minute or well over the 5 rounds per second rate. Again, setting aside the Full Auto issue for a moment, it's PRACTICAL rate of fire (allowing for reloads), is only 150 rounds per minute or if "burst fire", only 90 rounds per minute. In government regulation, the word "PRACTICAL" has no place.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Years ago they used to sell a crank operated cam assy called the "Activator". Could shoot a 10/22 or AR-15 as fast as you could turn the crank.

Unfortunately you could also exceed the "cyclic rate" of 5 rounds per sec. or 300 rounds per minute.

It's not so much what you "Do" that makes these things illegal, it's what they are "capable of". The M-16 aside from the fact it's Full Auto, because it can fire from 700-900 rounds per minute or well over the 5 rounds per second rate. Again, setting aside the Full Auto issue for a moment, it's PRACTICAL rate of fire (allowing for reloads), is only 150 rounds per minute or if "burst fire", only 90 rounds per minute. In government regulation, the word "PRACTICAL" has no place.
    Wouldn't pretty much any semi-auto be able to exceed those rates of fire? A three round burst is not automatically firing more than 5 rounds per second since the trigger must reset to do the next burst. Just as it is with semi-auto, the trigger must be reset.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Wouldn't pretty much any semi-auto be able to exceed those rates of fire? A three round burst is not automatically firing more than 5 rounds per second since the trigger must reset to do the next burst. Just as it is with semi-auto, the trigger must be reset.
    Yes but could you not fire several 3 round bursts in under 5 seconds trigger reset and all.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Wouldn't matter if every semi-auto could, because that would be without "one pull of the trigger."

A little pricy for me but thanks for sharing, interesting idea
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Way too pricey for me too. Now if only we had a free market with competition to lower the price.