Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 165

Thread: Deputies Harass Hunter walking home

  1. #1
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118

    Deputies Harass Hunter walking home

    Article edited to a slant about me. It states that I did nothing wrong, quotes the Sheriff saying the same thing but manages to point the blame at me anyways. Also contains a few less than honest statements regarding carrying. Possessing a firearm within 1000 feet is now only a Class B forfeiture thanks to Act 35, just a $1000 fine, not a felony.

    http://www.newrichmond-news.com/cont...r-walking-home
    Sent using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by wimwag; 12-11-2013 at 09:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Was Act 35 signed into law by Obama? Has it even passed both house and senate?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    How many are multiple calls?
    Cops could call the warden and find out who you were by your tag #.
    WI doesn't have a brandishing law.
    1,300' it still outside the magical 1,000' bubble.
    How is following you all the way home making sure you aren't homicidal or suicidal, especially with wearing hunting attire?
    Nothing wrong with taking photos of police, especially in uniform, in public.
    Last edited by protias; 12-10-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  4. #4
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Was Act 35 signed into law by Obama? Has it even passed both house and senate?

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Pray tell please - what is the point/topic of this thread?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Pray tell please - what is the point/topic of this thread?
    This is the link to the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article about OPie (apparently) being harassed for LGOC - http://www.newrichmond-news.com/cont...r-walking-home
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    The point I take, and it may be the wrong point, is that LE knew the citizen to not be violating any law. Those cops attributed potential bad things happening, not based on observable facts, but based on fear and emotion, and made contact anyway.

    “He didn’t need to give his name, but I think it was the [his] standoffishness that probably blew this thing up more than it should have been,” said St. Croix County Chief Deputy Scott Knudson.
    LE always blames the citizen for a less than "enjoyable citizen/LE experience." Overly self-entitled cops.

    "Hey, all he had to do was cooperate and we all would have had a good laugh on the silliness of the false reports of a "suspicious person."

    So, Mr. Chief Deputy Scott Knudson, what are you going to do to educate those citizens that are ignernt about the law so that you will not be "forced" to expend valuable LE resources hassling a LAC on silly false reports?

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Pray tell please - what is the point/topic of this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    This is the link to the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article about OPie (apparently) being harassed for LGOC - http://www.newrichmond-news.com/cont...r-walking-home
    Thank you.

    I abhor Facebook and find direct links much better.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I would recommend the OP stop doing nothing wrong, it seems to cause him issues.


    (wait, that can't be right---back to the thinkatorium!)
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-11-2013 at 07:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,166
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I would recommend the OP stop doing nothing wrong, it seems to cause him issues.
    The guy in the news article has plenty of experience at not doing nothing wrong (count the negatives). Check out the rap sheet for the guy, not necessarily OPie, in the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article. WCCA Pieters, Nathaniel Adam DOB 04-11-1984
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thank you.

    I abhor Facebook and find direct links much better.
    Sorry. Didn't notice it linked it. I'll fix it. The point is to let others know that it does happen and that you can stand up for yourself.. It's why I went to the newspaper in the first place. If people stopped forfeiting rights out of fear, this wouldn't happen.


    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The guy in the news article has plenty of experience at not doing nothing wrong (count the negatives). Check out the rap sheet for the guy, not necessarily OPie, in the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article. WCCA Pieters, Nathaniel Adam DOB 04-11-1984
    Nothing to bar me from owning a firearm and time served, sentence served. Police didn't even know who I was. Your point is irrelevant.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Let's stay on topic. I'd hardly call a few disorderly conduct (anything that offends anyone) and a battery charge (self defense) a criminal record in a liberal state like Wisconsin.
    Last edited by wimwag; 12-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Was Act 35 signed into law by Obama? Has it even passed both house and senate?
    939.52(3)(b) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  15. #15
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    939.52(3)(b) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Act 35, CC law for WI. Provided provisions for OC as well.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The guy in the news article has plenty of experience at not doing nothing wrong (count the negatives). Check out the rap sheet for the guy, not necessarily OPie, in the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article. WCCA Pieters, Nathaniel Adam DOB 04-11-1984
    Since none of these things make him a prohibited person, why is this relevant?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Since none of these things make him a prohibited person, why is this relevant?
    Because to some unless your snow white and are perfect you should be found guilty or be thought of as a very bad person.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  18. #18
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    Credibility.

    While the cops knew that the citizen was not committing a crime, the credibility of the citizen is always a factor if he is forced into the criminal justice system unjustly. His past behaviors could sway a jury to not side with him where they should clearly do so. this means that a redress of wrongs will not manifest where it should.

    Face it, juries are loath to smack down cops, even when they need to be smacked down, because a citizen's past is a factor in their mind. And you know that a prosecutor is gunna make hay with a criminal record no matter the circumstance that generated a criminal record.

    Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is.

  19. #19
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Credibility.

    While the cops knew that the citizen was not committing a crime, the credibility of the citizen is always a factor if he is forced into the criminal justice system unjustly. His past behaviors could sway a jury to not side with him where they should clearly do so. this means that a redress of wrongs will not manifest where it should.

    Face it, juries are loath to smack down cops, even when they need to be smacked down, because a citizen's past is a factor in their mind. And you know that a prosecutor is gunna make hay with a criminal record no matter the circumstance that generated a criminal record.

    Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is.
    The question was in regard to the troll trolling.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  20. #20
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Because to some unless your snow white and are perfect you should be found guilty or be thought of as a very bad person.
    When that's the attitude, I would prefer the company of hyenas. Hyenas don't judge people based on opinions formed from ego. They judge them based on taste.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  21. #21
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Since none of these things make him a prohibited person, why is this relevant?
    Because Doug Huffman is the 'Gladys Cravitz' (from the TV show BEWITCHED) of this forum. CCAP is the lonely man's entertainment up on Gilligan's Island this time of year.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  22. #22
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Act 35, CC law for WI. Provided provisions for OC as well.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Wellllll state law does not trump federal law, both laws IMO are unconstitutional, there should be no penalties for RKBA.

    BUT when it comes down to it the chief is correct, carrying in a GFSZ is a felony if you do not meet the exceptions.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wellllll state law does not trump federal law, both laws IMO are unconstitutional, there should be no penalties for RKBA.

    BUT when it comes down to it the chief is correct, carrying in a GFSZ is a felony if you do not meet the exceptions.
    And how many times have people been charged with a felony for just walking into a magical GFSZ?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  24. #24
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wellllll state law does not trump federal law, both laws IMO are unconstitutional, there should be no penalties for RKBA.

    BUT when it comes down to it the chief is correct, carrying in a GFSZ is a felony if you do not meet the exceptions.
    If he were to have been within the 1000' bubble, the chief would have cited him under WI Law which is a misdemeanor. That is hard cold reality. Federal Code is absolutely irrelevant if you are simply being charged under State and local laws.

  25. #25
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    If he were to have been within the 1000' bubble, the chief would have cited him under WI Law which is a misdemeanor. That is hard cold reality. Federal Code is absolutely irrelevant if you are simply being charged under State and local laws.
    He may have or he may have asked the federal prosecutor to file charges, as well as the state charges. Two different statutes two different crimes.

    It would be up to the feds whether he would be charged or not, not really even the chief. All they would have had to do is read about it, and arrest him.

    The cold hard reality violating the GFSZA IS a federal felony, until the SCOTUS shuts it down.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •