• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputies Harass Hunter walking home

wimwag

Article edited to a slant about me. It states that I did nothing wrong, quotes the Sheriff saying the same thing but manages to point the blame at me anyways. Also contains a few less than honest statements regarding carrying. Possessing a firearm within 1000 feet is now only a Class B forfeiture thanks to Act 35, just a $1000 fine, not a felony.

http://www.newrichmond-news.com/content/deputies-question-hunter-walking-home
Sent using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:

protias

How many are multiple calls?
Cops could call the warden and find out who you were by your tag #.
WI doesn't have a brandishing law. :rolleyes:
1,300' it still outside the magical 1,000' bubble.
How is following you all the way home making sure you aren't homicidal or suicidal, especially with wearing hunting attire?
Nothing wrong with taking photos of police, especially in uniform, in public.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

Was Act 35 signed into law by Obama? Has it even passed both house and senate?
400pancake_bunny.jpg

OC for ME

The point I take, and it may be the wrong point, is that LE knew the citizen to not be violating any law. Those cops attributed potential bad things happening, not based on observable facts, but based on fear and emotion, and made contact anyway.

“He didn’t need to give his name, but I think it was the [his] standoffishness that probably blew this thing up more than it should have been,” said St. Croix County Chief Deputy Scott Knudson.
LE always blames the citizen for a less than "enjoyable citizen/LE experience." Overly self-entitled cops.

"Hey, all he had to do was cooperate and we all would have had a good laugh on the silliness of the false reports of a "suspicious person."

So, Mr. Chief Deputy Scott Knudson, what are you going to do to educate those citizens that are ignernt about the law so that you will not be "forced" to expend valuable LE resources hassling a LAC on silly false reports?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would recommend the OP stop doing nothing wrong, it seems to cause him issues.

(wait, that can't be right---back to the thinkatorium!)

Last edited:

wimwag

Thank you.

I abhor Facebook and find direct links much better.
Sorry. Didn't notice it linked it. I'll fix it. The point is to let others know that it does happen and that you can stand up for yourself.. It's why I went to the newspaper in the first place. If people stopped forfeiting rights out of fear, this wouldn't happen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

wimwag

The guy in the news article has plenty of experience at not doing nothing wrong (count the negatives). Check out the rap sheet for the guy, not necessarily OPie, in the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article. WCCA Pieters, Nathaniel Adam DOB 04-11-1984

Nothing to bar me from owning a firearm and time served, sentence served. Police didn't even know who I was. Your point is irrelevant.

wimwag

Let's stay on topic. I'd hardly call a few disorderly conduct (anything that offends anyone) and a battery charge (self defense) a criminal record in a liberal state like Wisconsin.

Last edited:

wimwag

Was Act 35 signed into law by Obama? Has it even passed both house and senate?

939.52(3)(b) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.

wimwag

939.52(3)(b) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.

Act 35, CC law for WI. Provided provisions for OC as well.

Interceptor_Knight

The guy in the news article has plenty of experience at not doing nothing wrong (count the negatives). Check out the rap sheet for the guy, not necessarily OPie, in the New Richmond (Wisc.) News article. WCCA Pieters, Nathaniel Adam DOB 04-11-1984

Since none of these things make him a prohibited person, why is this relevant?

OC for ME

Credibility.

While the cops knew that the citizen was not committing a crime, the credibility of the citizen is always a factor if he is forced into the criminal justice system unjustly. His past behaviors could sway a jury to not side with him where they should clearly do so. this means that a redress of wrongs will not manifest where it should.

Face it, juries are loath to smack down cops, even when they need to be smacked down, because a citizen's past is a factor in their mind. And you know that a prosecutor is gunna make hay with a criminal record no matter the circumstance that generated a criminal record.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is.

wimwag

Credibility.

While the cops knew that the citizen was not committing a crime, the credibility of the citizen is always a factor if he is forced into the criminal justice system unjustly. His past behaviors could sway a jury to not side with him where they should clearly do so. this means that a redress of wrongs will not manifest where it should.

Face it, juries are loath to smack down cops, even when they need to be smacked down, because a citizen's past is a factor in their mind. And you know that a prosecutor is gunna make hay with a criminal record no matter the circumstance that generated a criminal record.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is.

The question was in regard to the troll trolling.

wimwag

Because to some unless your snow white and are perfect you should be found guilty or be thought of as a very bad person.

When that's the attitude, I would prefer the company of hyenas. Hyenas don't judge people based on opinions formed from ego. They judge them based on taste.

WalkingWolf

Act 35, CC law for WI. Provided provisions for OC as well.

Wellllll state law does not trump federal law, both laws IMO are unconstitutional, there should be no penalties for RKBA.

BUT when it comes down to it the chief is correct, carrying in a GFSZ is a felony if you do not meet the exceptions.