Thread: sub-zero temps and a mountain lion in the area

sub-zero temps and a mountain lion in the area

I thought I'd feel like a dork with my pistol hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick Parka, but it works okay. I may not be the leading edge of a fashion trend, but I can get to my Ruger, and maybe get a shot off before becoming a lion's tasty meal.

Banned
    Hey, the lion's gotta eat too !

Wear your thermals ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hey, the lion's gotta eat too ! ...
    I LOL'd...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I LOL'd...
    That gives me an idea.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    I thought I'd feel like a dork with my pistol hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick Parka, but it works okay. I may not be the leading edge of a fashion trend, but I can get to my Ruger, and maybe get a shot off before becoming a lion's tasty meal.
    I found this exchange on the forum MountainLionUnderground. Thought I'd pass it along.

Longtail wrote: So, I saw this human today. You guys won't believe this. He had his gun hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick parka. I didn't wanta look like a dork trying to kill and eat him. It would be Spring before I chewed thru all the clothes. I was laughing so hard, watching him toddle around, I couldn'ta stalked him anyway.
    SirPuma wrote: Boy, you're so dumb, you're gonna starve. The parka comes open. There's a little gizmo on the front under their chin. Just hook a claw in it and pull down--it comes right open. How do you think they get in and out of those ridiculous clothes?
    CautiousCat wrote: Just watch out for the ones with the long guns.
    TawnySilence wrote: I always hate hunting them in the winter. You track them for hours. See them from a distance and think, "Oh, boy, does he look fat and juicy." Then you get up close and see its all clothes. What a disappointment.
    Goldencoat wrote: Yeah. And, they look so ridiculous, even without all the clothes. No proper fur, except that little patch on their heads. And, some of the males ain't even got that much; on some, the head fur mostly ain't there except on the sides.
    Stalker wrote: Yeah. And, their eyesight ain't so good, neither. I can't tell you how many times I almost got run over crossing their hard trail at night. And, they even have lights on those metal buffalo they ride around in.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Nicely done!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Stalker asked, "Hey, TawnySilence. I know where there's a lone camper. You hungry?"

Tawny replied, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a beer-bellied redneck. Lets go."

A little later, after they've caught their meal:

"Hey, Stalker. His fire is still going. What do you think?"

"Well, Tawny, they seem to prefer eating their food that way. Lets try it."

A little later:

"Well, Tawny, what do you think? How is it?"

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Nicely done!