• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2013 Annual OC Meet and Eat - Saturday, Dec 28th

TravisNM

cmuOg.jpg

Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124-1052

Saturday, December 28, 2013
5:00pm until 8:30pm

>Facebook event<

It's that time! We're heading back to Rio Rancho for our annual/end-of-year meet.

My OC Meet Tips:
(feel free to add your own)

*Care how you look*
You're representing a controversial movement. Try not to fit the part of any stereotype other than "well-mannered law-abiding citizen".

*Don't touch your firearm unless you're drawing for protection*
If you want to show something off then do so without actually touching it. We don't want to give anyone (law-ignorant citizens) any further cause for alarm.

*Be polite to everyone*
You may be confronted by a person with Hoplophobia (a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons). Police may respond to a call where someone reported "hundreds of terrorists pointing their machine guns at babies and old people." Just be nice, keep your cool, and leave ad hominem attacks out of it. If you can't do that or don't feel comfortable at any time just shut up and let someone else handle it.

*Be prepared to be criticized by your OC peers*
If you misrepresent the group you might be politely asked to make an adjustment. And if you think something I'm doing is bad for the movement or group then I expect to be told.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Just to tie up this "loose end" (in case readers would like to know how our December/Christmas Open Carry Get-Together event turned out), we had 8 people show up, mostly Open Carry Forum members but also Aaron Lee from Fruitland, NM (Director, New Mexico Gun Owners Association) who had business here, saw the event posted and decided to attend.

Although it's always nice to have more people -- especially with the number of "gun people" we have in the RR-ABQ area (and 200+ members on the New Mexico Open Carry Facebook site) -- thanks to all who attended and we had some great discussions...and company.

Happy New Year to all,

-- Cloudcroft

P.S. Even RA (Rogue Aussie) showed up...so he won't be sent back to Botany Bay after all. ;-)
P.P.S. Damien -- MIA.

Last edited: