• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to forum

Rebelgray76

I live south of Louisville and always open carry. Most people do not pay attention to my pistol on my side. I generally will wear darker color clothes that are presentable. If you look like a thug people will be quick to judge. I've done this for two years now and have had very little issues. I've help explain to a few people that guns are not bad as long as they are respected. If you carry yourself in a friendly manor it helps. The Kentucky State Police have pretty clear laws on their sight. Check your rights out to keep out of trouble. Carry safely and carry everywhere. Places that don't respect our safety don't need our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrakeZ07

Welcome to our sub-forum!

And might I add, there's nothing wrong with dressing as a thug while OC'ing, one does not need to dress his/her best to OC, ignorant people and cops are gonna harass you whether you're wearing a three-piece suit, or have your pants hanging from your knees.

neuroblades

Welcome to our sub-forum!

And might I add, there's nothing wrong with dressing as a thug while OC'ing, one does not need to dress his/her best to OC, ignorant people and cops are gonna harass you whether you're wearing a three-piece suit, or have your pants hanging from your knees.

I can't totally agree with your statement Drake. I do agree with the principle behind the statement though. We need not "dress up" to carry per se, but we do need to dress suitable and presentable. If someone were to dress like a "hood-rat" (pants halfway down to your knee's, sloppy, thuggish) and to attempt OC then you're just asking for harassment and trouble from those around you. Granted this isn't fair but there are social norm's and it's definitely not hard to wear decent jeans, shirts and so on when going out of the house to shop, do business or whatever the day or night calls for.

The nicer one dresses up, the least issue's one will have. Granted, you will rarely ever find me in a suit, though I do own a couple but there are rarely ever situations that call for that style of dress. There's nothing wrong with jeans, t-shirt or sweat shirt, sneakers or some combination of such.

neuroblades

I live south of Louisville and always open carry. Most people do not pay attention to my pistol on my side. I generally will wear darker color clothes that are presentable. If you look like a thug people will be quick to judge. I've done this for two years now and have had very little issues. I've help explain to a few people that guns are not bad as long as they are respected. If you carry yourself in a friendly manor it helps. The Kentucky State Police have pretty clear laws on their sight. Check your rights out to keep out of trouble. Carry safely and carry everywhere. Places that don't respect our safety don't need our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the OCDO Forum, Rebelgray! You'll find that the vast majority of folks here are very friendly and easy-going and laid back folks. If ever there's a query or something that you need answered, just post the query and someone, if not many, will reply in turn.

Once again, welcome aboard!

DrakeZ07

I can't totally agree with your statement Drake. I do agree with the principle behind the statement though. We need not "dress up" to carry per se, but we do need to dress suitable and presentable. If someone were to dress like a "hood-rat" (pants halfway down to your knee's, sloppy, thuggish) and to attempt OC then you're just asking for harassment and trouble from those around you. Granted this isn't fair but there are social norm's and it's definitely not hard to wear decent jeans, shirts and so on when going out of the house to shop, do business or whatever the day or night calls for.

The nicer one dresses up, the least issue's one will have. Granted, you will rarely ever find me in a suit, though I do own a couple but there are rarely ever situations that call for that style of dress. There's nothing wrong with jeans, t-shirt or sweat shirt, sneakers or some combination of such.

I must disagree with you. Mostly on the basis that "social norm's" are not laws, and cannot, and should not, dictate what one person does, how they act, dress, or in what way they exercise a natural right outlined in both the Federal, and State 'Supreme laws of the land' documents.

Social norms would say, especially in the south like KY, that me telling everyone I meet "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" and "PRAISE NURGLE FOR HIS BLESSED PESTILENCE AND MAGGOTS!" or "ENEMIES! WE NEED ENEMIES! KILL THE FOLLOWS OF THE FALSE EMPEROR!" would be bad, against social norms, frowned upon, and probably assaulted by someone who took offense by it. But does that mean that I should refrain for exercising a constitutional right, and therefore discourage others from exercising that part of protected free speech, just because it's most likely looked down upon by the majority of people? I say nay!

It's even more important to dress the way one wishes, and encourage others to dress as an individual, when exercising a constitutional right. If anything, then at-least someone who is OC'ing and wearing pants down their knees, and a side-ways baseball cap, and XXX-Large jersey shirt is VERY visible, and very openly seen. Add a visible firearm on their hip, or in a drop-leg holster, or whatever, and a A/V recorder, and you got plenty of witnesses, who can say "he was dressed very flashy, everyone say him/her, he didn't fit in" and could testify that the person was minding his own business while OCing. The last thing anyone wants, is to fit in and disappear amongst a crowd, that way when they get harassed by LEOs, they aren't forgotten and ignored, and they can have a show put on, and be flashy and out there, grab peoples attention, like silently their clothes are yelling "LOOK AT ME! IM BEING HARASSED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT SOLELY BECAUSE I AM EXERCISING A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT WHILE DRESSED HOW -I- WANT TO DRESS!"

Besides, freedom of expression, speech, and gun carry protects you, and I, whenever we decide one of us wants to wear a mini-skirt, thigh-high stockings, fishnet top, and pig-tails with a gun on our hip, and yelling "F***" to every cop and citizen around, and any one who assaults us physically is breaking the law, and can be sued out the arse!

On a side note, I like how my dear loving mother, when she see's me dressed in some of my more flamboyantly gay outfits, tells me "don't wear that! you'll get beat up!" I always think to myself; "Please, tell me again about how beating, hurting, assaulting, and battery-ing someone just because of their clothes, is legal and socially acceptable"

Forgive my bad punctuation, spelling, and/or grammar, I'm drunk and trying to respond to 27 PM's and type and stuff. LOL. Neuro, I love you dude, one of these days I'm going to your meetings thingies again, even if I have to be driven there and wearing seven inch thick sunglasses and popping tylonol left and right for a hang-over, I'll make it! Cookie points to you if you arrange a meet-up at a OC friendly bar! My fave LGBT OC-friendly bar/club closed down and went out of business.

Sir Diealotz

Welcome to Open Carry and the Kentucky sub-forum.

I used to live in Shelbyville but now reside in Lawrenceburg.

neuroblades

I must disagree with you. Mostly on the basis that "social norm's" are not laws, and cannot, and should not, dictate what one person does, how they act, dress, or in what way they exercise a natural right outlined in both the Federal, and State 'Supreme laws of the land' documents.

Social norms would say, especially in the south like KY, that me telling everyone I meet "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" and "PRAISE NURGLE FOR HIS BLESSED PESTILENCE AND MAGGOTS!" or "ENEMIES! WE NEED ENEMIES! KILL THE FOLLOWS OF THE FALSE EMPEROR!" would be bad, against social norms, frowned upon, and probably assaulted by someone who took offense by it. But does that mean that I should refrain for exercising a constitutional right, and therefore discourage others from exercising that part of protected free speech, just because it's most likely looked down upon by the majority of people? I say nay!

It's even more important to dress the way one wishes, and encourage others to dress as an individual, when exercising a constitutional right. If anything, then at-least someone who is OC'ing and wearing pants down their knees, and a side-ways baseball cap, and XXX-Large jersey shirt is VERY visible, and very openly seen. Add a visible firearm on their hip, or in a drop-leg holster, or whatever, and a A/V recorder, and you got plenty of witnesses, who can say "he was dressed very flashy, everyone say him/her, he didn't fit in" and could testify that the person was minding his own business while OCing. The last thing anyone wants, is to fit in and disappear amongst a crowd, that way when they get harassed by LEOs, they aren't forgotten and ignored, and they can have a show put on, and be flashy and out there, grab peoples attention, like silently their clothes are yelling "LOOK AT ME! IM BEING HARASSED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT SOLELY BECAUSE I AM EXERCISING A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT WHILE DRESSED HOW -I- WANT TO DRESS!"

Besides, freedom of expression, speech, and gun carry protects you, and I, whenever we decide one of us wants to wear a mini-skirt, thigh-high stockings, fishnet top, and pig-tails with a gun on our hip, and yelling "F***" to every cop and citizen around, and any one who assaults us physically is breaking the law, and can be sued out the arse!

On a side note, I like how my dear loving mother, when she see's me dressed in some of my more flamboyantly gay outfits, tells me "don't wear that! you'll get beat up!" I always think to myself; "Please, tell me again about how beating, hurting, assaulting, and battery-ing someone just because of their clothes, is legal and socially acceptable"

Forgive my bad punctuation, spelling, and/or grammar, I'm drunk and trying to respond to 27 PM's and type and stuff. LOL. Neuro, I love you dude, one of these days I'm going to your meetings thingies again, even if I have to be driven there and wearing seven inch thick sunglasses and popping tylonol left and right for a hang-over, I'll make it! Cookie points to you if you arrange a meet-up at a OC friendly bar! My fave LGBT OC-friendly bar/club closed down and went out of business.

Drake, stop being silly, you know exactly what I mean as well as Rebelgray, I think! I didn't say that I agree with the "social norm's", it should be like that but it is! If I'm in a place of business and I see some dude enter wearing blood soaked jeans and a tore t-shirt with fresh scratches on his face and trying to conceal a S&W Model 686. Don't you think for a second that that guy has not set off nearly EVERY alarm and red flag with me! You can call it what you like but there are limits and there are outrageous limits. But I do agree, there are no laws that dictate style for carry and so on but just as that's true, it is likewise true that if you wish to tempt fate and go out carrying dressed like a thug, rapper, hood-rat or "in colors" ; then don't be surprised when you draw unneeded attention and bad encounters to yourself that in turn leads to being hassled and harassed by not only store owner's but by LEO as well.

In short, when you dress out of sorts, you draw unneeded attention and that's never a good thing! I don't agree that it should be that way, but it is.

OK, now to the ludicrous statement you wrote in reference to wanting to dress "flashy" and be wanting to stand out in a crowd and NO, I'm not referring to the gay outfits that you were talking about (I'll have nightmares tonight *LOL*". Standing out is not the idea behind OC or even CC, for that matter! Those the dress to "stand out" in the crowd and are OC, are just trying to show-off and get attention. They most definitely do not wish to just OC and exercise their GOD given Rights, they just want to be seen and try to "make a statement", again NOT something that any OC or CC should or needs to be doing.

Now for the nicer points of your post. Drake, I think you're a cool guy, in a strictly Hetero manner and I don't just post to tweak you and to make light or to make little of you and/or your statements. I enjoyed your attending the EKOCC M&G in Ashland that time, it was most definitely interesting and I was delighted to hear about the Pink Pistol's organization. I had heard of them sometime back but had forgotten about then, they're not in the news that much. And though I do not support the gay lifestyle, I DO support everyone's Right to be who they so choose to be and I most definitely support the concept and idea of the Pink Pistol group. Everyone has a Right to self defense!!!! I don't wish for you to take my statements in a negative manner, I want everyone to take them in the light that I meant them and that is to keep ALL OF US THAT CARRY from having bad LEO or Sheep encounters out there. We carry for many reasons and one of those is to make it know and to present a positive public image of the law-abiding gun owner the is responsible.

And NO DRIVING intoxicated! *LOL* You're too unique to get you're fool-self killed!

P.S. I've never heard of an OC-friendly bar before. *LOL*

DrakeZ07

We need to get you out of your Ashland one-horse-town and into the city some time, There's more than a couple OC-friendly gars and clubs in Kentucky, mostly in Bowling green, one in Louisville. I know the Stonewall club [LGBT/Str8] was OC friendly, and it was in Charleston, WVA, but they have since went firmly anti-gun with their new owners, so I don't go there anymore, well, also because they now cater more to the fetishists, and there are some things in this world that freak even me out, and they do those things every weekend. But yea, I loved going to a small LGBT club in Frankfort that was CC and OC friendly, because the co-owner is the CFO and VP of Kentucky's Pink Pistol Chapter, the Bouncers carried CC, because there was more than a couple instances kept on the down low, of church-groups spraying anti-gay things on the windows. See, unlike what you may see or read about on the news, some of us in the LGBT community would rather -not- have such hateful things plastered on the news. Ugh, anyway, they closed down and such.

And hey, I mean't, in part for the flashy dress while OC, that it's hard to ignore someone in duress when they are dressed loudly. It may seem as being bad form to dress for attention, but as a couple of my friends know from non-OC LEO incidents at Lex's LGBT festival last year, when you're dressed loud and the cops wanna harrass you, you'll find there are plenty of witnesses who can point out the flashy person surrounded by blue uniforms; Whereas dressing with passive concealment can hide you from being seen by people who might be valuble witnesses. And it's what the Government wants, and what LEOs/LEAs want in general, they don't want you to make a scene, they don't want you to be flashy and get other peoples attentions, they want you to be quiet, dress casually and passively, and follow their orders, and not draw attention to their harassment.

Trust me, Neuro, I've been a LGBT activist longer than I've been an OC activist/advocate, there are certain things you pick up as an activist that can save you a lot of trouble, and can easily be applied to OC activism/advocation/exercising.

Now, this isn't to say that I always dress flashy, and loudly, and only dress to attract attention when I OC. My closet is just as much filled with jeans, t-shirts, and boots, as it is skirts, blouses, and leather knee-high heels. But then again, my term of casual, non-flashy might be different from yours, when I wore my rainbow Pawprint shirt, and those pink camo pants to the meet-up, I consider than casual normal wear, but it could be flashy.

And, I like to make you cringe and uncomfie, Neuro, it's a secret kink that all LGBT people have, making straight people cringe or freak out from time to time~ And if I didn't terrorize your dreams, you would probably have boring dreams about naked women, and priest clothes with that white collar, and secretly wanting to be a republican senator who gets caught in a las vegas bathroom with a Trans* stripper, and other things that preachers dream about.

Last edited:

neuroblades

We need to get you out of your Ashland one-horse-town and into the city some time, There's more than a couple OC-friendly gars and clubs in Kentucky, mostly in Bowling green, one in Louisville. I know the Stonewall club [LGBT/Str8] was OC friendly, and it was in Charleston, WVA, but they have since went firmly anti-gun with their new owners, so I don't go there anymore, well, also because they now cater more to the fetishists, and there are some things in this world that freak even me out, and they do those things every weekend. But yea, I loved going to a small LGBT club in Frankfort that was CC and OC friendly, because the co-owner is the CFO and VP of Kentucky's Pink Pistol Chapter, the Bouncers carried CC, because there was more than a couple instances kept on the down low, of church-groups spraying anti-gay things on the windows. See, unlike what you may see or read about on the news, some of us in the LGBT community would rather -not- have such hateful things plastered on the news. Ugh, anyway, they closed down and such.

And hey, I mean't, in part for the flashy dress while OC, that it's hard to ignore someone in duress when they are dressed loudly. It may seem as being bad form to dress for attention, but as a couple of my friends know from non-OC LEO incidents at Lex's LGBT festival last year, when you're dressed loud and the cops wanna harrass you, you'll find there are plenty of witnesses who can point out the flashy person surrounded by blue uniforms; Whereas dressing with passive concealment can hide you from being seen by people who might be valuble witnesses. And it's what the Government wants, and what LEOs/LEAs want in general, they don't want you to make a scene, they don't want you to be flashy and get other peoples attentions, they want you to be quiet, dress casually and passively, and follow their orders, and not draw attention to their harassment.

Trust me, Neuro, I've been a LGBT activist longer than I've been an OC activist/advocate, there are certain things you pick up as an activist that can save you a lot of trouble, and can easily be applied to OC activism/advocation/exercising.

Now, this isn't to say that I always dress flashy, and loudly, and only dress to attract attention when I OC. My closet is just as much filled with jeans, t-shirts, and boots, as it is skirts, blouses, and leather knee-high heels. But then again, my term of casual, non-flashy might be different from yours, when I wore my rainbow Pawprint shirt, and those pink camo pants to the meet-up, I consider than casual normal wear, but it could be flashy.

And, I like to make you cringe and uncomfie, Neuro, it's a secret kink that all LGBT people have, making straight people cringe or freak out from time to time~ And if I didn't terrorize your dreams, you would probably have boring dreams about naked women, and priest clothes with that white collar, and secretly wanting to be a republican senator who gets caught in a las vegas bathroom with a Trans* stripper, and other things that preachers dream about.

*ROTFLMBOIAPOP* You're too funny Drake! *LOL* But seriously though, I do see your point in reference to what you're talking about.

As for the OC friendly bar issue, we both know the Kentucky 51% Law, for lack of better term. How does OC work with these bars?

And as for the naked gals, priest collars and Republican Senator scene; Yes, NO & No! *LOL* Yeah, the ladies are in some of the dreams, I do not accept the Roman Catholic religion & I am Tea Party, I loathe the Democrats and the RINO's equally! *LOL*

P.S. I don't live in or around Ashland. *LOL*

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I don't always...

*ROTFLMBOIAPOP* You're too funny Drake! *LOL* But seriously though, I do see your point in reference to what you're talking about.

As for the OC friendly bar issue, we both know the Kentucky 51% Law, for lack of better term. How does OC work with these bars?

And as for the naked gals, priest collars and Republican Senator scene; Yes, NO & No! *LOL* Yeah, the ladies are in some of the dreams, I do not accept the Roman Catholic religion & I am Tea Party, I loathe the Democrats and the RINO's equally! *LOL*

P.S. I don't live in or around Ashland. *LOL*

the 51% KRS only applies to LOADED carry.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, no person shall be in possession of a loaded, as defined in KRS 237.060, firearm while actually within the room where alcoholic beverages are being sold by the drink of a build on premises licensed to sell distilled spirits and wine at detail by the drink for consumption on the licensed premises pursuant to KRS Chapter 243
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=40574

HLYzpjf.jpg

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I'd have thought you above such petty questions, Neuro!

Unloaded Open Carry isn't completely defenseless. I have a front-holster mag pouch, and depending on what I'm wearing, there's a mag on my belt loop, or under my skirt/kilt. And unlike your flimsy EDC pistol, mine can be used to bludgeon someone when I need to kill some time to reload, and it'll still work perfectly. Hi-points dude, you should invest in one, it'll teach you some humility and respect~ <3

neuroblades

I'd have thought you above such petty questions, Neuro!

Unloaded Open Carry isn't completely defenseless. I have a front-holster mag pouch, and depending on what I'm wearing, there's a mag on my belt loop, or under my skirt/kilt. And unlike your flimsy EDC pistol, mine can be used to bludgeon someone when I need to kill some time to reload, and it'll still work perfectly. Hi-points dude, you should invest in one, it'll teach you some humility and respect~ <3

Oh but Drake, you forget yourself. Obviously you forgot what my EDC sidearm is! *LOL* Depending upon who's weights you go by (Wikipedia - 29oz. fully loaded, Hi Point Forum - 34oz. filly loaded), I'd say it's about a tie at the very best! The SIG P229 Elite Dark weighs in at 32 oz. fully loaded and keep in mind that the SIG is all metal, there's no plastic to it.

Drake, the day I carry a Hi Point is the day that I pick up a Glock and lay down my SIG! *ROTFLMBOIAPOP*

DrakeZ07

Oh but Drake, you forget yourself. Obviously you forgot what my EDC sidearm is! *LOL* Depending upon who's weights you go by (Wikipedia - 29oz. fully loaded, Hi Point Forum - 34oz. filly loaded), I'd say it's about a tie at the very best! The SIG P229 Elite Dark weighs in at 32 oz. fully loaded and keep in mind that the SIG is all metal, there's no plastic to it.

Drake, the day I carry a Hi Point is the day that I pick up a Glock and lay down my SIG! *ROTFLMBOIAPOP*

Implying that Hi-point and Glock are much the same. Although, I do like that analogy, it'll REALLY peeve off the tupper-ware fanboys.

I don't like SIG firearms, they make me want to dress in black uniforms and goose step down to a kosher bakery while yelling "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer, SIG heil, SIG heil!"

I'll stick to my American made Brick. Even if it is buckeyes that make it.

neuroblades

Implying that Hi-point and Glock are much the same. Although, I do like that analogy, it'll REALLY peeve off the tupper-ware fanboys.

I don't like SIG firearms, they make me want to dress in black uniforms and goose step down to a kosher bakery while yelling "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer, SIG heil, SIG heil!"

I'll stick to my American made Brick. Even if it is buckeyes that make it.

Drake, I'm too worn out and weary, there's so much happening and I'm not even talking about the Christmas and NYE holiday's. I don't have the power to keep playing these word game. *LOL* It was funny though.

Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year's in case I don't make it back online before then.

Last edited: