• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tales of tyranny

sudden valley gunner

Your just proving my point. Maybe we aren't on the same coin. Your coin is full of hate and suspicion and distrust.

Only one of us is on here posting entire threads dedicated to cases of the other doing bad things.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Your point is that I am hateful, suspicious and full of distrust, or that I am hateful suspicions and distrustful of the government?

Yes I have the ability to post "entire threads". :rolleyes: Besides being an arbitrary vague statement not really truthful, who is the one justifying the bad actions?

eye95

Again the punjshment for the law is bogus I agree for the 110th time. That doesn't equal tyranny.

I agree that the word "tyranny" is used WAY too much around here. However, using the law the way they have here, including the implied sentence that has NOT been suspended that denies the man his RKBA, is an excessive control on the People by the government and is, therefore, somewhat tyrannical in nature.

Primus

I agree that the word "tyranny" is used WAY too much around here. However, using the law the way they have here, including the implied sentence that has NOT been suspended that denies the man his RKBA, is an excessive control on the People by the government and is, therefore, somewhat tyrannical in nature.

Good point eye.

I would agree eye if I knew that was the intent of the law or the .gov. I believe to be tyrannical you need the intent. Otherwise its just incompetence or something to that effect. If the prosecutor judge etc. All colluded or even the legislation even wrote this law to solely get at his gun rights and to control him then I could get behind the tyranny bit. Without that intent and collusion.... I just don't see it.

countryclubjoe

The property owner build a building on his property... The local G wanted him to acquire certifications, and permits, and get a license to build, the locate G wanted to impose fines, and fees on the law abiding property owner for non compliance.. "Non Compliance" is clearly a term invented by tyrants, oh excuse me we use the term tyrant to much on this board. Let me change that to " Thieves" and strong arming comes to mind.
Thieves abusing their power. End of story.

My .02

CCJ

sudden valley gunner

They convicted someone of a crime and there was no victim, no mens rea and no actus reus.

The "justice" system colluded in a crime in convicting someone they made a victim, had mens rea and actus reus.

The friends of San Juan (a watermelon group) has been influencing and electing these public officials.

eye95

Just to be clear: Not everyone at OCDO (I would hazard to say not even a majority) believes that every crime has to have a bleeding corpse or missing property. Some of us here actually agree that local and State governments are well within their authorities, as ceded by the People (and, no, not every one of them alive today) to pass laws to make the communities functional.

I am not saying that there was no injustice in this case. I just don't want visitors to think that this site is solely populated with anarcho-libertarians. Some of us do think that some government is necessary.

I happen to believe that the best way to protect Liberty is to allow governments that are close to the People to be as tyrannical as the People make it. If you don't like your local or State government, use that right to travel and vote with your feet. If most people did this, Liberty would flourish. The little tyrannies would collapse, and communities and States with reasonable (including "victimless") laws would prosper and grow.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

To be clear this isn't a thread of anarchy or libertarianism.

This is a thread about the growing abuse of government whether you think government is necessary or not.

eye95

To be clear this isn't a thread of anarchy or libertarianism...

I didn't say that it was. However, the constant repetition of the idea that crimes require a bleeding corpse or missing property is definitely anarcho-libertarian and is often spouted as though it were a universally accepted truth at OCDO. It is not.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I didn't say that it was. However, the constant repetition of the idea that crimes require a bleeding corpse or missing property is definitely anarcho-libertarian and is often spouted as though it were a universally accepted truth at OCDO. It is not.

Interesting I didn't even mention corpus delicti.

By our common law legal founding, for a crime to be a crime you must have 3 elements I mentioned.

This is not anarcho-libertarian this is ancient English tradition one our founders had adopted, but of course the founders were more anarcho-libertarian minded then the top down style of government in place today.

It is also a property rights issue. It is also a due process issue. A definite collusion occurs when a warrant is issued under the pretext of non consent. It is also an issue of prosecutor and cops and judges working together instead of being a check and balance on each other, etc.

eye95

Interesting I didn't even mention corpus delicti...

No, you didn't. I was translating the seeming need for a "victim" to claim a crime.

BTW, (I am going to be a bit pedantic here) do you know what a "corpus delicti" is? It ain't the dead body! Although the dead body is often a huge part of it. ;)

sudden valley gunner

No, you didn't. I was translating the seeming need for a "victim" to claim a crime.

BTW, (I am going to be a bit pedantic here) do you know what a "corpus delicti" is? It ain't the dead body! Although the dead body is often a huge part of it. ;)

Yep I do, but your comment made me think of it, I meant nothing more than that.

By English common law, a victim is need for their to be a crime, and the other elements too.

sudden valley gunner

Even some judges are recognizing what is becoming the norm....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/blistering-9th-circuit-di_n_4426802.html

"I wish I could say that the prosecutor’s unprofessionalism here is the exception, that his propensity for shortcuts and indifference to his ethical and legal responsibilities is a rare blemish and source of embarrassment to an otherwise diligent and scrupulous corps of attorneys staffing prosecutors’ offices around the country. But it wouldn’t be true.
Bradyviolations have reached epidemic proportions in recent years, and the federal and state reporters bear testament to this unsettling trend."

Judge Kozinski,
Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, dissenting opinion in United States v. Olsen

Also from Kozinski...

"Protecting the constitutional rights of the accused was just not very high on this prosecutor's list of priorities. The fact that a constitutional mandate elicits less diligence from a government lawyer than one's daily errands signifies a systemic problem: Some prosecutors don't care about Brady because courts don't makethem care."

OC for ME

Caesar's tax collector is a powerful man with Caesar's Legion available and waiting to collect Caesar's tribute.

Be happy, citizen of Rome, that you keep your life.....at Caesar's pleasure of course.

sudden valley gunner

There was no lecture. Oddly, the most pedantic poster on OCDO, whose goal with every post is clearly to impress, not to communicate, called a single humorous sentence a "lecture."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Had to see what +1 you were referring too.

When I read the post I didn't interpret it as a lecture from you just about being lectured in general.

sudden valley gunner

And you are not the lecturer. The person you +1'ed is. Look over his posts. He tries to impress, not to communicate.

Oh well I +1 his post on how we are lectured more about one thing than the more proper founding of common law.....that's all I meant by it. Wasn't meaning to get into the middle of any spat.