Thread: Know your rights infographic

Know your rights infographic

Came across this...
    its generic info but applies to OC stops.

Some of the advice [such as 'be respectful'] may... well lets just say that some people on here with more experience may handle themselves differently but... still seemed like good information for a 'first time consumer'

http://www.online-paralegal-programs...our-rights.png

Pretty good graphic all in all. Only thing I saw right off that I had an issue with was in the "investigative detention" section they had Florida colored as a "must identify" state. To my knowledge, during investigative detention, Florida is only "must identify" when suspected of loitering or prowling - for all other suspected crimes there is no statute that I am aware of.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Another "issue". The Infographic is correct that the Federal Courts have determined that "Checkpoints" for DUI are legal. However, some states prohibit them under state constitutional protections...Michigan, for example.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Luke36 View Post
    I have heard otherwise. I remember sending a couple friends a link warning them because they at the time were bringing a lot of weed from Flint to Pontiac and the news was reporting I-75 to be placed under siege somewhere in Grand Blanc.
    Probably not a great idea to broadcast across the internet that you associate with people who handle large amounts of illegal substances.... just saying.... Or did you mean they run a lawn service and were hauling clippings back to Pontiac...

Carry on...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I have heard otherwise. I remember sending a couple friends a link warning them because they at the time were bringing a lot of weed from Flint to Pontiac and the news was reporting I-75 to be placed under siege somewhere in Grand Blanc.
    Hope for your sake that isn't chargeable as aiding and abetting.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Prove it.

Time, place, dates, people....

Or is it someone just talking smack on a keyboard?
    Don't be naive about this. Do you believe that what you post on this or any other forum is private and not observed by government organizations? Attract enough attention and what you post here may someday be read back to you in court...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Prove it.

Time, place, dates, people....

Or is it someone just talking smack on a keyboard?
    I will tell you what a respected lawyer told me, "What you post on a public forum, what you send in snail mail, or any other public utterance can be used against you in a court of law."

Many long years ago, before the internet, still another lawyer gave this advice, "Never write love letters. They sound so damn silly when they're read aloud in court."

What you have posted here concerning trafficking in drugs (weed) is more than enough to get you charges. And, no, no one is talking smack on a keyboard. I've been around the block far too many times for that sort of foolishness.

So, either take the good advice given here by others, or keep posting admissions of illegal activities and see where it gets you.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I will tell you what a respected lawyer told me, "What you post on a public forum, what you send in snail mail, or any other public utterance can be used against you in a court of law."

Many long years ago, before the internet, still another lawyer gave this advice, "Never write love letters. They sound so damn silly when they're read aloud in court."

What you have posted here concerning trafficking in drugs (weed) is more than enough to get you charges. And, no, no one is talking smack on a keyboard. I've been around the block far too many times for that sort of foolishness.

So, either take the good advice given here by others, or keep posting admissions of illegal activities and see where it gets you.
    The poster who associates with drug runners is certainly not fostering the image that the mission statement of OCDO advocates. For the time being, OCing and running drugs will negatively impact your 2A right. I'll even go out on a limb and state that associating with drug runners while OCing will negatively impact your 2A right.

I wasn't even into guns back then...
    But you are now. And, if you keep posting admissions like that one on the internet, you will soon be ineligible to possess a firearm. You're being given good advice, both from me and from others. Refuse to heed that advice at your own peril. At least we know we tried to help you.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

+1 and congrats on post # 1,500.

Come to think of it, I wasn't smoking during that period of my life either. Checkpoints are cause for breaking rule 15, and I didnt want to see my friends getting busted.
    Would they run the same risks for you? That is the benchmark test for calling someone "friend" rather than "acquaintance" or "associate". From my experience, and understand that I do not know your friends nor am I judging them, that many of those who break the law will, without hesitation, throw their associates under the bus in the hopes of avoiding jail or reducing their time in it.

And, no, checkpoints are not a cause for violating Rule 15 on this forum. What you do outside of this forum is, as far as I am concerned, your business. What you do on this forum is the business of the admins and the moderators.

I know no young person wants a lecture from someone many years his senior and I hope you are not taking my comments as a lecture.

Some things are better left unsaid. And that is all I will say on the topic.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."