• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A call to arms - all abled bodied believers in RKBA - Sat. 12/14 9:30 A.M.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The news commentator used the term "children gunned down". I have trouble getting my head around that.

Does "children" include the street thug teen gang members who are out gunning for each other? Or are we all supposed to think that only elementary school-aged children are the victims?

The call for OGAM smacks of Bloomberg involvement.

I have t all on video but I'm going to do what 99.99999999 % of my peers did today. Let someone else take care of it. Maybe later.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The one take away message I got was that the MDA moms and their cute little tinker bells want is background checks on everybody/any one before they acquire a gun............how will that work for someone that steals a gun? A background check would not have saved one life at Sandy Hook - nada.

Lots of coordination was evident: the bell ringers wore matching green blazers, passed out free small dinner bells, had glossy printed signs, good sound system, but nothiing new in the way of agenda......except a softer, kinder message delivery.

What was only too obvious was the lack of a strong turn out from our camp. Cold - ok but you go shopping don't you?

Apathy - the let Mikey do it syndrom. You do see where that got us with the election...right?

If we can't pull together better than what I saw this morning, are problems are only going to get bigger.

Only positive note was a great breakfast at the old Curle's Farm Dairy - but now I have indigestion thinking back on the Carillon.

Brian D.

Now the Sad Part.

There was No Gun Lobby presence.
5 of us showed....yeah....5

These events took place in several states today, right? I'm pretty dialed in to Ohio's gunrights groups plus some related Facebook pages and yesterday 12/13 was the first inkling I had of these 12/14 meetups by the anti's. It's hard to get very many people together in a counter-rally on that sort of notice. I am at work today and even if I'd been available the local-to-me event was going to be held inside a Cincinnati area church. By Ohio's laws that would mean a disarm for our side, plus do we really want to do anything like a 'protest' inside a church? We'd have had to stay outside and unless we were filling the sidewalk pretty good it would give the media ample opportunity to keep us out of their coverage.

Rusty Young Man

The one take away message I got was that the MDA moms and their cute little tinker bells want is background checks on everybody/any one before they acquire a gun............how will that work for someone that steals a gun? A background check would not have saved one life at Sandy Hook - nada.

Lots of coordination was evident: the bell ringers wore matching green blazers, passed out free small dinner bells, had glossy printed signs, good sound system, but nothiing new in the way of agenda......except a softer, kinder message delivery.

What was only too obvious was the lack of a strong turn out from our camp. Cold - ok but you go shopping don't you?

Apathy - the let Mikey do it syndrom. You do see where that got us with the election...right?

If we can't pull together better than what I saw this morning, are problems are only going to get bigger.

Only positive note was a great breakfast at the old Curle's Farm Dairy - but now I have indigestion thinking back on the Carillon.

I hope this isn't taken as spamming, and I'll let you all know right now that this is a rant. They (antis) were pretty organized down here in AZ as well. Little bells with tags on them. Matching sweater/tops. Little green pin-on ribbons. Glossy, printed signs with their catchy anti-rights slogan. Notecards with a single letter on each that when taken together spelled out "*SOMETHING* NEWTOWN" (didn't get the best look, since one other RKBA supporter and I were kind of in the center of the photo, then in the back when they relocated under pretext of "better lighting" at a different angle).
All I had were the two homemade signs (printed the words out), one saying "Unarmed victims = Happy criminals" and the other saying "'Gun control' is SEXIST/RACIST," both of which were on two different halves of a brown cardboard box I had lying around.:mad:

I don't do social media, but I sent a text to every one of the freedom-loving college students I know, and guess how many of them showed, even after TWO said they would be there: ZERO.:cuss:
I wasn't exactly expecting an army of RKBA supporters to show, but I thought we could at least muster up a small squadron.:(

Is it only when things look the most dire and one of ours is being dragged through the "justice" system that we can mobilize?

/Rant off

Last edited:

FBrinson

I'm sorry I missed this today. My wife and I would have gone but i had to work today and she has a stomache virus.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
These events took place in several states today, right? I'm pretty dialed in to Ohio's gunrights groups plus some related Facebook pages and yesterday 12/13 was the first inkling I had of these 12/14 meetups by the anti's. It's hard to get very many people together in a counter-rally on that sort of notice. I am at work today and even if I'd been available the local-to-me event was going to be held inside a Cincinnati area church. By Ohio's laws that would mean a disarm for our side, plus do we really want to do anything like a 'protest' inside a church? We'd have had to stay outside and unless we were filling the sidewalk pretty good it would give the media ample opportunity to keep us out of their coverage.

There's a difference between a protest and a presence Brian.....but to each his own. I'm tired of trying to get the choir to sing.

Last edited:

scouser

BUT, this one was not in a church, it was outdoors.

I'd decided on Thursday I was going to turn up, looking at the advance weather forecast I was going to attend on my own but, at 8.45am today, I looked outside and saw it was dry so I decided to take Logan with me, packed a few snacks and some apple juice for him and we were out the door at 9.05 and walking up to skidmark, Grapeshot & peter nap by 9.30

RogerP

Sorry, but you apparently miss the point.

There are plenty of places in Richmond where people can freely assemble to seek redress of their grievances, which is what the First Amendment prohibits Congress (and by incorporation, the States) from passing any law to forbid doing so. A bit different from your "right to assemble peacefully", but I suppose few folks really bother to contemplate the semantic difference between the two phrases.

There was no seeking a redress of something the Government had done. Actually, it was quite the opposite. This event purposely used City property to form a backdrop for the expression of a personal viewpoint that the organization wanted to put pressure on legislators (Congressmen & Senators specifically, and State legislators as additional targets) to adopt as their own viewpoint and then pass laws so that the rest of us would have to do something in the way manner, or style they wanted us to behave. In other words, to impose their point of view - the one that polls say only a minority of folks hold and other polls say the majority of folks say would be ineffective - on the rest of us.

But be that as it may - the City requires a permit for the use of City park space. If you or anybody else feels that is unconstitutional in this or any other instance they are free to take up the issue with the City and/or the courts. As the OCDO rules say (paraphrasing here) we work to change the laws (rules), not disobey them. Since this is John's and Mike's playground, we are supposaed to play by their rules.

stay safe.

Understood. Thanks

sandiego

sadly i work alot and dont have the luxury of taking time off to attend most events other wise id be there even tho richmond is a stretch from the beach

its really a shame though and this is the reason the worst president in the history of presidents was elected twice. low good guy turn out
95% of my social media is literally filled with complaining about the current situation but how many who are complaining actually show up and vote or are doing anything to change the situation?

probably the same percentage that showed up for this event. that turns my stomach
my philosophy is... you have no right to complain about anything if you have done nothing to try and change things

mpguy

Sorry for my absence. My day was here at work doing wreaths...

dyju5ade.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
None of this was directed at individuals MP. It's understood people have obligations and work.
It was directed at the collective and despite the constant spewing of rhetoric by some, their complete silence when there's a job at hand.

mpguy

None of this was directed at individuals MP. It's understood people have obligations and work.
It was directed at the collective and despite the constant spewing of rhetoric by some, their complete silence when there's a job at hand.

I didn't think it was friend. Just throwing it out there. I know a lot goes on behind the scenes so to speak, and just trying to say the work is appreciated.

If I may comment on the subject as a whole. Now is not the time for fighting. Now more than ever, all people of the gun community, need to stand up. Get out, carry, pass out cards, go to functions that you have time to attend. Educate yourself.

Don't rely on others to get the job done. It does not matter if it's oc,cc, or long gun carry. Everyone seems so split lately, over small stuff, that the bigger picture is being missed.

Stand tall and united... We will get things done, if we stick together.

Just my .02

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peter nap

+1

Sorry for my absence. My day was here at work doing wreaths...
That was a fine thing to do.

Our service personnel who gave their last full measure must be remembered. I stand in humble awe of them and do so with a tear in my eye.

thedevilrobyjohn

didnt know

I honestly didnt check the site until today from sometime last week. I would have came. I have already asked for lobby day off, though.

Lyndsy Simon

I honestly didnt check the site until today from sometime last week. I would have came. I have already asked for lobby day off, though.

Ditto.

I also didn't get anything about it through the VCDL, that I can search up.

Could we establish some sort of proactive communication for this kind of thing? A phone tree, or at least an email list specific to political events?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ditto.

I also didn't get anything about it through the VCDL, that I can search up.

Could we establish some sort of proactive communication for this kind of thing? A phone tree, or at least an email list specific to political events?

There is a specific-to-politics emal list already in existence. Well, sort of - it mostly depends on the header you see on the VA-ALERT.

It has been posted by the person responsible that a major error was committed. In regards to that - it takes near-superhuman effort to hold down a job, maintain a family, and be a political activist that deals with short-notice issues and events. The person responsible does not wear tights, let alone a cape. (At least not that I am or want to be aware of.)

One of the problems is that MDA and other similar organizations do work on the short-notice basis. They are fairly open about doing so in order to prevent the gun rights side to organize a counter presence. Another of the problems is that they have financial backing that allows them to hire organizers, coordinators, and the staff needed to maintain highly active social media presence (Facebook, and Twitter being the primary ones) as well as having a membership that 1) has the ability to monitor social media during work and 2) is used to being surgically grafted to their social media devices.

(Being a social media Luddite, I have no information about this, but does anybody on "our" side have a few thousand Twitter followers or half a million "friends"? And if they do, why are they not plugging away at this like the other side does?)

stay safe.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I could have came, I opted not to. I didn't want to run the risk of standing next to some clown with a slung AR-type like they did in the Connecticut Starbucks.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I could have came, I opted not to. I didn't want to run the risk of standing next to some clown with a slung AR-type like they did in the Connecticut Starbucks.
And hence part of the problem; You may be within your rights, but I don't like it so I won't support your right to do so. I may not like something you do but as long as your rights don't interfere with my rights I will back you. Now when you think your rights over rule mine we got a problem! :banghead::banghead::banghead: