• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thread to Tie All Threads Together Tyranny, Parking Tickets, Warrants All In One.

Primus

I found the answer the questions about warrants. This ties like 5 threads together. It ties the Warrant thread, the Texting While Driving Thread, and the Threat of Violence tax Thread and the Tyranny Threads.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/13/09/21/comedians-iphone-cookie-prank-backfires

After being pulled over and sharing a photo of the police car in his rear-view mirror, Liedtke told of the officer's initial surprise when he started to eat his 'phone'.
"Took a bite out of the cookie. He was so confused and angry. Told me to hold tight, he is back in his car now."
But when the policeman returned things turned sour for the comedian.
"Says I have a warrant for unpaid parking tickets? Making me go with him. Letting me text gf but Im tweeting this," he said.
There was twitter silence from Liedtke as he presumably sweated it out in the slammer, eventually emerging 10 hours later a defeated man.
"Wasn't worth it. I'm an idiot... No more iPhone Cookies."

Primus

They said on fox it was a couple thousand dollars in tickets. I'm surprised they didn't go knock on his door lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cops 1 , comedian 0 ?

Looks like the comedian just got a million dollars of publicity for $1-2K ...

Warrants for parking tickets? BS.

countryclubjoe

I found the answer the questions about warrants. This ties like 5 threads together. It ties the Warrant thread, the Texting While Driving Thread, and the Threat of Violence tax Thread and the Tyranny Threads.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/13/09/21/comedians-iphone-cookie-prank-backfires

After being pulled over and sharing a photo of the police car in his rear-view mirror, Liedtke told of the officer's initial surprise when he started to eat his 'phone'.
"Took a bite out of the cookie. He was so confused and angry. Told me to hold tight, he is back in his car now."
But when the policeman returned things turned sour for the comedian.
"Says I have a warrant for unpaid parking tickets? Making me go with him. Letting me text gf but Im tweeting this," he said.
There was twitter silence from Liedtke as he presumably sweated it out in the slammer, eventually emerging 10 hours later a defeated man.
"Wasn't worth it. I'm an idiot... No more iPhone Cookies."

Ten hours in the slammer for unpaid parking tickets? Can you say kidnapping? Can you say cruel and unusual punishment? Can you say Due Process?

How is jurisdiction established in such petty matters? IE, you pull over a citizen and citizen has three outstanding warrants for parking violations in separate county"s and separate townships, you arrest the citizen. Now who claims jurisdiction in this scenario? Is the notorious parking violator transported from county to county and township to township, so that each entity can lay claim to the parking violations and reap the rewards of this outstanding police work? What is the procedure in my above scenario? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you and best regards,

CCJ

EMNofSeattle

Ten hours in the slammer for unpaid parking tickets? Can you say kidnapping? Can you say cruel and unusual punishment? Can you say Due Process?

How is jurisdiction established in such petty matters? IE, you pull over a citizen and citizen has three outstanding warrants for parking violations in separate county"s and separate townships, you arrest the citizen. Now who claims jurisdiction in this scenario? Is the notorious parking violator transported from county to county and township to township, so that each entity can lay claim to the parking violations and reap the rewards of this outstanding police work? What is the procedure in my above scenario? Inquiring minds want to know.

CCJ

Arrest for parking tickets is certainly a problem, in my state if you don't pay a "non traffic civil infraction" they just tag your license and won't renew it until the court tells Dept of Licensing the tickets are satisfied, I guess after long enough you can be arrested for driving with a suspended license.... But they won send people out looking for you for the parking ticket...... Hell in seattle if you happen to have a little higher level of melanin in your skin the police and city attorney will say your trod down and oppressed and won't even bother doing anything for driving while license suspended either......

OC for ME

CCJ
Kind of a hard read, but:
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]
Other states may be different.

OC for ME

<snip>
It must be the lack of coffee this morning, but, how does this thread tie together the other threads you list?

Primus

Warrant for the tickets.... pulled over for phone use..... arrested under the threat of force (fines not taxes).... tyrannical gov for even issuing parking tickets.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Legit stop as far as the cop is concerned and I agree. The warrant? LACs pay their tickets, he did not, is he a "criminal", no. The threat of force is a non-sequitur in this particular case due to the warrant. There was nothing unlawful regarding the cop's acts. Yes, parking tickets being issued by the "state" is tyrannical and nothing but a money making scheme. Violating a parking meter, or parking times, harms no one.

eye95

I have to disagree with your last two statements. Government does need to raise money to perform its legitimate functions. One of the best ways to do that is fee for service. If the city has to maintain the parking spaces, then it is quite reasonable for them to charge a fee for parking. If someone steals the service by not paying for it, it is reasonable to fine them for that act. If a person refuses to pay the fine for breaking the law and stealing the service, then it is reasonable that they be taken in.

Yes, someone is harmed. Those who pay have to pay more to cover for those who do not pay.

It is reasonable for government to apply taxes and fees. The question is what taxes and how much. That is determined by the documents creating the governmental entity and by policies set via republican means.

IMO, and probably in the opinion of all but the most strident anti-government types, parking fees are reasonable. I tend to avoid parking meters by my behavior because I don't like paying taxes and fees. But I recognize the reasonableness of this particular fee.

Overall conclusion: The comedian was an idiot. He deserved what he got. His tweets makes it seem as though he now gets this. Good.

OC for ME

Here in the STL area, parking meters were expanded into areas they were not previously. Unlawful parking; too far from curb, fire plugs, too close to the corner, double parking, all deserve to be regulated/monitored. Those instance could harm another. Proper parking harms no one. Absent those situations the "state" did not see fit, previously, to regulate/monitor those now metered "spaces."

Tickets for parking due to "time violations" is nothing but a money scheme by the "state" to punish harmless behavior.

WalkingWolf

The city of Chicago would be well served to learn that you can't bleed a turnip.

She ain't go no money......

Of course she probably will just drive without a license anyway, so no skin off of her teeth

The city of Chicago is known for searching data bases to log parking tickets when the vehicles have never been to Chicago. I doubt Chicago is the only city that pulls this sort of thing.

eye95

The Leviathan should have no proprietary interest in real property beyond the necessities of its minimal mission.

I agree as it regards the government created by the Constitution. Other levels of government, not so much. If a local government, as directed by its citizens, wants to be overbearing, that is fine with me. I believe it is a right to belong to an oppressive group. We just need to be able to exercise the sister right to belong to a Liberty-respecting group. We have that in the right to travel, until and unless the feds start dictating to States and localities how they must operate.

I believe this to be the system that the Framers set up, and straying from it has caused all the problems we have with government today.

They set up a system with a restricted federal government, less restricted State governments, and essentially unrestricted local governments. However, the right to travel created a marketplace of States and localities with a spectrum of services/Liberty choices. That system of allowing local tyrannies actually promotes the most Liberty--IF we will allow it to do so. Right now, we don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

Arrest for parking tickets is certainly a problem, in my state if you don't pay a "non traffic civil infraction" they just tag your license and won't renew it until the court tells Dept of Licensing the tickets are satisfied, I guess after long enough you can be arrested for driving with a suspended license.... But they won send people out looking for you for the parking ticket...... Hell in seattle if you happen to have a little higher level of melanin in your skin the police and city attorney will say your trod down and oppressed and won't even bother doing anything for driving while license suspended either......

The city of Chicago is known for searching data bases to log parking tickets when the vehicles have never been to Chicago. I doubt Chicago is the only city that pulls this sort of thing.

EriK, has blinders on.

SPD does more than that, they even have face recognition cameras, and they are known for threatening to "beat the Mexican P!ss" out of people, Murdering Native wood carvers, beating black jay-walkers to a pulp, etc.

When the FBI, the murdering organization of a mother holding her baby in her own home, claims you have a violence problem, you may have a problem....

OC for ME

He does not have blinders on, he believes what he believes because that is how he wants things to be. Blinders indicate that the cannot see, or that he does not want to see. See?

sudden valley gunner

He does not have blinders on, he believes what he believes because that is how he wants things to be. Blinders indicate that the cannot see, or that he does not want to see. See?

I see. :lol:

I was thinking of blinders horses are put on horses that only allow them to see the direction their handlers want them too. He has the ability to remove them but he is comfortable in his narrow prescribed view of the world around him.