Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i went to a DUI checkpoint on thursday night

i went to a DUI checkpoint on thursday night

I've been to many checkpoints but this one took the cake. In 20 minutes the police had sent so many cars to secondary that they filled up their entire secondary area and they didn't have enough tow trucks.

From what I could gather from observing, no one was given any FST's. All the people were stopped for things other than DUI.

On the plus side, the police were very nice to about filming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZcdqi4IHh8

Are these Nazi check points authorized by a Judge?

How do the LEOS here on OC feel about these check points?

Should not the tax dollars spent on man power for these Nazi check points be better spend on some real police work.?

--------------------------------

I would caution that if you are ever suspected of DUI.

1- Remain in your vehicle.
    2- Demand an attorney
    3- Remain silent
    4- Do not consent to any breadth tests, do not consent to a blood test.

Do not make the local leos job easier. You are not compelled to assist the police in obtaining evidence against yourself.
    Reserve all your rights under the Constitution...

My .02

Best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    I would caution you to run the above advice by an actual attorney before following it. Hell, I'd do that with any "advice" from this poster!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I would caution you to run the above advice by an actual attorney before following it. Hell, I'd do that with any "advice" from this poster!
    eye95

what would you suggest to a person that is SUSPECTED of DUI?

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

Banned
    Judges already approved these "checkpoints" ... more are coming (or are already here in some cases)....

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to hit them with some FOIA requests right on the spot ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-14-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Are these Nazi check points authorized by a Judge?

How do the LEOS here on OC feel about these check points?

Should not the tax dollars spent on man power for these Nazi check points be better spend on some real police work.?

DUI checkpoints were found to be constitutional in Michigan vs Sitz.

How do LEO's feel about checkpoints ? They all beg to be assigned to them because they make lots of money in overtime and there is catering.

This is "real" police work
    Last edited by onus; 12-14-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Judges have ruled them legal. Last time I checked it was based on the fact that it has to be set up where you can avoid it u want/need to. Plus the advanced notice etc etc. Its designed so that IF you drive up then its because you want to.

Disclaimer: I haven't worked one or been through one.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Judges have ruled them legal. Last time I checked it was based on the fact that it has to be set up where you can avoid it u want/need to. Plus the advanced notice etc etc. Its designed so that IF you drive up then its because you want to.

Disclaimer: I haven't worked one or been through one.

The PD also have a patrol car sitting in the so called avoid the nazi check point area, any willful avoidance by a citizen will be a reason to be stopped. That seems constitutional, NOT.

My.02

CCJ

The PD also have a patrol car sitting in the so called avoid the nazi check point area, any willful avoidance by a citizen will be a reason to be stopped. That seems constitutional, NOT.

My.02

CCJ
    Any avoidance past the last exit if turn off that is mandated. Meaning you can't just drive by it.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

The police do that at every checkpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1NqV1GwhA

eye95

CCJ
    Uhhhh! Maybe NOT drink and drive!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member

i went to a DUI checkpoint on thursday night

roadblock, Roadblock, ROADBLOCK.

The word checkpoint is a deliberate deception. No sense in playing along with the government's abuse of language by using the same word.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    DUI does not always mean alcohol-- Some medications mixed with certain foods or beverages could cause a citizen to appear drunk or under the influence while operating a motor vehicle therefore said citizen if detained at a DUI nazi check point would be SUSPECTED of DUI...
    Hence I cautioned said citizen to simply exercise their rights and reserve all their rights..

My .02

CCJ

DUI does not always mean alcohol-- Some medications mixed with certain foods or beverages could cause a citizen to appear drunk or under the influence while operating a motor vehicle therefore said citizen if detained at a DUI nazi check point would be SUSPECTED of DUI...
    Hence I cautioned said citizen to simply exercise their rights and reserve all their rights..

My .02

CCJ
    DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!

I have no sympathy for scum that endanger the lives of law abiding citizens.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!

I agree. That's why we should be lobbying legislators for harsher penalties for those who do drive impaired.

We should not be giving more money to police to run revenue generating, constitutional rights abusing roadblocks to snarl innocent people.

The truth is in America we are very soft on punishing people who violate DUI laws. Instead, we punish all innocent people by violating their constitutional rights.

The police are getting very rich on these checkpoints and they catch very few drunk drivers. The ones that are caught rarely serve any jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    roadblock, Roadblock, ROADBLOCK.

The word checkpoint is a deliberate deception. No sense in playing along with the government's abuse of language by using the same word.

INDEED, however I did use " NAZI CHECK Point" that should remove some of the governments attempt at deceiving the general public into making the citizens feel that these Nazi Check Points are for the good of the community and public safety... These roadblocks, there I said it.. LOL are simply revenue builders for the local municipality they also help justify the need for more police along with helping secure funding from the Fed all at the expense and lose of liberties by the citizen..

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!

Point well taken. Now if I recall you are an ex leo? What are your thoughts on these Nazi roadblocks?

TIA

Best regards

CCJ

Point well taken. Now if I recall you are an ex leo? What are your thoughts on these Nazi roadblocks?

TIA

Best regards

CCJ
    There were Nazis there? I thought it was police roadblocks.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    That's satisfying advice, WW. But, a little incomplete, I think.

I myself was stopped for DUI a few years ago. The cop said he stopped me for speed. But, then spent all his effort trying to pry an admission of recent drinking out of me. The exact, precise circumstances of the incident precluded me actually speeding. So, I know that wasn't the real reason I was seized.

I had not been drinking. Hadn't had a drop in at least a week.

So, refraining from drinking and driving is only a partial solution.

I have it from a reputable defense attorney that the reason the cop abandoned his DUI suspicion is because I refused consent straight down the line, including refusing consent to a field sobriety test. The attorney explained that drunks think they can pass the field sobriety tests.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Readers will want to check their own state laws. Beyond some point, refusing consent to a field sobriety test or breathalyzer may result in revocation of your driver's license. You want to where that point is exactly.
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-14-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I myself was stopped for DUI a few years ago. The cop said he stopped me for speed. But, then spent all his effort trying to pry an admission of recent drinking out of me. Fortunately, the exact, precise circumstances of the incident precluded me actually speeding. So, I know that wasn't the real reason I was seized.

I have it from a reputable defense attorney that the reason the cop abandoned his DUI suspicion is because I refused consent straight down the line, including refusing consent to a field sobriety test. The attorney explained that drunks think they can pass the field sobriety tests.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Readers will want to check their own state laws. Beyond some point, refusing consent to a field sobriety test or breathalyzer may result in revocation of your driver's license. You want to where that point is exactly.
    I never suggested giving up rights. We already know that a police officers job is to collect evidence. I would not consent to a SB, and I am always sober. The fact is that drunks are easy to spot without SB, and it really is not necessary for roadblocks, they can easily avoid those. PC and nystagmus is all that I needed to arrest drunks. My problem with SB checks they are dangerous and the officer is responsible for the safety of the person doing them. A sober person can fail a SB, a drunk person can pass them, nystagmus cannot be faked or hidden. Nystagmus alone is not enough, but PC and nystagmus is enough for the courts, as long as the officer keeps a record.

Drunks do one of two things at stop signs, they either sit, or they run them. When we did DUI we would wait at a stop sign, it was almost 100% productive for arresting drunks. Just have to pick the right stop sign and the right time. We had a trooper who made over 400 arrests a year without using roadblocks.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    eye95

CCJ
    I am not a lawyer either. Since I don't ever intend to be DUI, I can only tell you what I would do if pulled over.

First, I will assume that I have done something wrong that I am not aware (or was speeding), so I am going to start from the position that this is almost surely a lawful detention. I will pull over, roll down the window, get my license, insurance, and registration and have them already in my hands when the officer arrives at my door. My hands will be on the steering wheel with the documents in full sight. If he asks me for them, I will hand them to him. If he asks me to exit the vehicle, I will do so, after rolling up the window, locking the door, and tossing the keys inside. I will shut the now-locked door once outside the vehicle.

I have never been asked to exit the vehicle, but have done everything else I mention in this post. Although I have been stopped several times for speeding, I have never, ever gotten a ticket.

On only one occasion, an officer has inappropriately accused me of doing something I did not do. He accused me of doing 80 in a 65. That was false, and I had the GPS recording to prove it was false. (I think I was doing 65 in a 50, but would not say so. I only insisted repeatedly, without mentioning the GPS recording, that I was not going 80.) The deputy gave me a written warning. When I got home, I called his sergeant and informed him of the GPS recording. I alerted him that, had the ticket been written, I would have gone to court and proved the deputy a liar. That would make all future testimony by this deputy automatically suspect.

It is well that the police realize that their actions no longer go unrecorded in some fashion. The days of minority of rogue officers being able to lie at will are over.

I myself was stopped for DUI a few years ago. The cop said he stopped me for speed. But, then spent all his effort trying to pry an admission of recent drinking out of me. The exact, precise circumstances of the incident precluded me actually speeding. So, I know that wasn't the real reason I was seized.

This is a great point and I have argued that any revocation of a DL due to a citizen exercising his/her right to remain silent, not submit to any test or consent to give blood is a clear violation of the citizens 4th, 5th and 14th A..
    Refusal should not be an admittance of guilt, and refusal should not be held against the citizen. It is not the citizens job to incriminate himself and no punishment should be incurred for exercising ones rights... More to follow.

My .02

Best regards

CCJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    ...If he asks me to exit the vehicle, I will do so, after rolling up the window, locking the door, and tossing the keys inside...
    How ya going to leave..ask the cop for a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Spare key...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Eye95- to Officer--- May I move on?

CCJ

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast