Thread: Sunday RCD breakfast before gun show in Fredericksburg

Sunday RCD breakfast before gun show in Fredericksburg

My wife and I will be at River City Diner on Parham rd at 7:30 am on Sunday morning for breakfast before heading up to Fredericksburg for the SGK gun show. It would be great if anyone hungry and in the area wanted to come by and join us. I know it is a late notice but i hope to see some of you there.
    Last edited by FBrinson; 12-14-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    No promises, but possibly........unless it snows, then I'll be there for sure
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If it snows I will probably be early. Otherwise I'll be early.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow! Now if I can just find where RCD hides 'bacon' on their menu. All their offerings seem to lack bacon. I must not be 'in the know'.

you just ask for some

Breakfast was had. Bacon was ordered and consumed. Permission for getting stuff at the gun show was given. (I was there. I heard it.) There was other conversation as well.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Breakfast was had. Bacon was ordered and consumed. Permission for getting stuff at the gun show was given. (I was there. I heard it.) There was other conversation as well.

stay safe.
    Thanks Skidmark and Grapeshot for meeting us for breakfast, especially on such short notice. The wife, in-laws, and I all had a great time enjoying the food and company! I learned how to read a menu properly as well.

The gun show, however, was a real disappointment. Still no decent powder to be had, vendors wanting $90 for 500 rounds of 22lr, SKS's priced over $700, AKs for 600, Mosins for $179?? People have lost their mind.
    The only thing I picked up at the show was a new bore light, a small set of files, and an angled flat-headed screwdriver. So even with permission, only $20 was spent.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    Thanks Skidmark and Grapeshot for meeting us for breakfast, especially on such short notice. The wife, in-laws, and I all had a great time enjoying the food and company! I learned how to read a menu properly as well.

The gun show, however, was a real disappointment. Still no decent powder to be had, vendors wanting $90 for 500 rounds of 22lr, SKS's priced over $700, AKs for 600, Mosins for $179?? People have lost their mind.
    The only thing I picked up at the show was a new bore light, a small set of files, and an angled flat-headed screwdriver. So even with permission, only $20 was spent.
    Thank you for putting out the call and the other arrangements. Got distracted up front and forgot (no excuse) to come back to the table.

Some of those prices are actually down from what has been seen in the not so distant past.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.