Thread: Gander Mountain slight policy change?

Gander Mountain slight policy change?

I went in to Gander Mountain Gun Super Center or whatever it is called in Reynoldsburg yesterday. Had not been in there for a few weeks. If memory serves correctly, there was a sign in the entrance saying all guns must be cased unless lawfully carried by CCW holders. Now there is a new sign that only weapons like bows and guns being brought in for repair must be cased. I can't remember the exact wording. Should have taken a picture of it.

The old sign also required registration of firearms at the front desk and this appears to be no more. The new sign mentions open carry and concealed carry lawfully. So it seems you can open and closed carry in there but I would appreciate it if someone verifies the way I read the sign to be true sometime. It seems they are becoming more law compliant. Will try to get over there soon and take a picture of it for posting here.

David

Banned
    Their policy has always been, IIRC, if you are lawfully carrying, no problem. If you are going to be handling it in any way (repairs, fitting holsters, etc.), then it needs to be unloaded and secured. The store may have had a local, unauthorized sign and is now getting with the program.

Last edited by 9026543; 12-15-2013 at 02:12 PM.

As long as I've been going to Gander Mountain I've always seen the sign permitting open and concealed carry.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I missed it in the past. I have not been carrying very long.

David