Thread: Anyone carry BP?

Anyone carry BP?

Just wondering if anyone here carries a BP pisol, if so what kind do you carry and do you have problems with it?

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here carries a BP pisol, if so what kind do you carry and do you have problems with it?

On occasion I do carry BP, but if anyone decides to carry BP it is not just a simple matter of loading a pistol and off you go. The person has to be confident that pistol will go boom when needed. That means shooting that pistol a lot, a whole lot.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

What do you carry if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Texas and with it being a BP or long gun carry state I figured it would be easier to carry BP, plus I just like the look and would not mind adding one to my collection.

What do you carry if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Texas and with it being a BP or long gun carry state I figured it would be easier to carry BP, plus I just like the look and would not mind adding one to my collection.

I don't have any muzzlelaoding rifles anymore, I gave them to my children for deer hunting. I have a 1858 Remington 8 inch, two 51 navies 7 inch, one 51 navy 5 inch, and one avenging angel(51 navy) 3 inch. Also one 3rd model Walker dragoon, two 1849 Colt pocket pistols, one 4 inch and one 3 inch.

Most of the time if I carry them it is the 5 inch navy, or the 3 inch avenging angel, or both.

I also have two 51 navy cartridge conversions, both in 38 spl, one 7.5 inch, and the other 5.5 inch. Though when I get a chance I am cutting the barrel on the 7.5 inch to 4.75 inch.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Wow, nice. I have been trying to find one that is not to expensive or to complicated.

Wow, nice. I have been trying to find one that is not to expensive or to complicated.

Cabelas did have the 58 Remy on sale, but out of stock. You can backorder one and it will probably take around a month.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Haven't OC'd one yet, but a Ruger Old Army begs to be a choice. And if I lived in TX, I'd be pushing that button as often as possible.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Yeah. I talked to Bass Pro and the guy said he could order one...And it would take about 2 weeks to get it, even though it was in stock elsewhere.