• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry BP?

7om5hipp

Just wondering if anyone here carries a BP pisol, if so what kind do you carry and do you have problems with it?

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Just wondering if anyone here carries a BP pisol, if so what kind do you carry and do you have problems with it?

On occasion I do carry BP, but if anyone decides to carry BP it is not just a simple matter of loading a pistol and off you go. The person has to be confident that pistol will go boom when needed. That means shooting that pistol a lot, a whole lot.

7om5hipp

What do you carry if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Texas and with it being a BP or long gun carry state I figured it would be easier to carry BP, plus I just like the look and would not mind adding one to my collection.

WalkingWolf

What do you carry if you don't mind my asking? I have family in Texas and with it being a BP or long gun carry state I figured it would be easier to carry BP, plus I just like the look and would not mind adding one to my collection.

I don't have any muzzlelaoding rifles anymore, I gave them to my children for deer hunting. I have a 1858 Remington 8 inch, two 51 navies 7 inch, one 51 navy 5 inch, and one avenging angel(51 navy) 3 inch. Also one 3rd model Walker dragoon, two 1849 Colt pocket pistols, one 4 inch and one 3 inch.

Most of the time if I carry them it is the 5 inch navy, or the 3 inch avenging angel, or both.

I also have two 51 navy cartridge conversions, both in 38 spl, one 7.5 inch, and the other 5.5 inch. Though when I get a chance I am cutting the barrel on the 7.5 inch to 4.75 inch.

7om5hipp

Wow, nice. I have been trying to find one that is not to expensive or to complicated.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Haven't OC'd one yet, but a Ruger Old Army begs to be a choice. And if I lived in TX, I'd be pushing that button as often as possible.

7om5hipp

Yeah. I talked to Bass Pro and the guy said he could order one...And it would take about 2 weeks to get it, even though it was in stock elsewhere.