• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any trouble with Leos?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I firmly believe it's people like you who are the reason we have gun laws to begin with. Open Carry is for Defense, why would you carry in Dicks? Are you going to have to shoot someone in a sporting goods store? NO, you just want to Flaunt your weapon around (Probably a hi-point or Taurus)...........

Thanks Grapeshot...that pretty much sums it up.

We have most of our gun laws because white gov't officials (democrats) didn't want free black men to be armed, not because I (one man) decided to exercise my rights to open carry. Those same gun laws were very selectively enforced against minorities for many years, now they're enforced on everyone.

I carry my handgun everywhere, usually open. Church is about the only place I still carry concealed and you are correct, open carry is for defense, just like concealed carry. I don't believe I said anything about assaulting people in the store, threatening anyone, or trying to use my pistol as an offensive weapon...not sure how or why you'd imply my pistol is anything but a defensive weapon?
And somehow the inside of Dicks Sporting Goods is a safe zone now? Who guarantees my safety (or yours for that matter) while you're in the store? Did criminals suddenly stop targeting sporting goods stores? Sorry, I must have missed that memo.

I'm not real sure why choice of weapon would really matter, I'm pretty sure a Taurus or Hi-Point will stop a threat just like a Sig, Springfield, or Kimber....and if anyone really cares to know, I usually carry a Sig P250, occasionally an XD. I wouldn't personally trust a hi-point for self defense, but I know plenty of people that keep them at home and/or in a vehicle.
You are obviously confusing my reply to CALew2013 with what I otherwise said.

Bernymac

I firmly believe it's people like you who are the reason we have gun laws to begin with. Open Carry is for Defense, why would you carry in Dicks? Are you going to have to shoot someone in a sporting goods store? NO, you just want to Flaunt your weapon around (Probably a hi-point or Taurus)...........

The troll is strong on this one...

Do you hear that?
That's the ban hammer winding up...tick-tock-tick-tock! :shocker:

stealthyeliminator

Oh yeah, I forgot crazy people can't go to Dick's.

On the other hand, since you can't go to Dick's, there's little reason for you to be upset about someone OCing there, right?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Oh yeah, I forgot crazy people can't go to Dick's.

On the other hand, since you can't go to Dick's, there's little reason for you to be upset about someone OCing there, right?
CALew2013 would seem to be a typical driveby anti poster, but he could have meant his reply to be sarcasm........still he hasn't been back to defend himself.