• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect Shot Dead In Green Bay By Police

Law abider

Another police killing. I wasn't there but why wasn't a taser used first? Ahhh! From my Pierce County Herald

A man shot-and-killed by a police officer in Green Bay has been identified as 63-year-old Darold VandenHeuvel. Police said he showed up at his estranged wife's apartment complex early yesterday, even though a judge ordered him to stay away from her. The woman called 911, and two officers responded. Officials said they found VandenHeuvel carrying a handgun, and one of the officers shot-and-killed the man. Police have not said whether VandenHeuvel pointed his weapon at the officers or fired any shots. The shooter's name was not immediately released. He's a four-and-a-half year veteran of the Green Bay police force, and he's been put on administrative leave for now. Police say they'll submit their findings to Brown County prosecutors. An autopsy for VandenHeuvel is planned for today.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/c...expand-charter-schools-across-state-make-them

Primus

Well if he pointed the gun at then turn why would they tase him? Also do they even carry tasers?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

And you left out the part that she had a restraining order against him...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Well if he pointed the gun at then turn why would they tase him? Also do they even carry tasers?

This is another reason not to talk to police. Some can't even comprehend. Somehow this cop translated "police haven't said whether [the deceased] pointed a gun..." into "well, if he pointed a gun..."

Is there even a term for such a logical fallacy? What's the classic debate term for "seeing things that aren't written there"?

PistolPackingMomma

This is another reason not to talk to police. Some can't even comprehend. Somehow this cop translated "police haven't said whether [the deceased] pointed a gun..." into "well, if he pointed a gun..."

Is there even a term for such a logical fallacy? What's the classic debate term for "seeing things that aren't written there"?

Glad someone else picked up on that.

OC for ME

Illogical leaps of faith are department policy. Perp....err, dead perp, had gun.....for officer safety we shot the perp, which is why he is now dead. The RO is now moot.....BONUS!!!

chowda

Yet another example where a firearm protected a person when a piece of paper was shown to be meaningless.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Notice how quiet PIKBITES is on this issue and the one in Neillsville?
Maybe Pete is on vacation? I think Pete is a good cop, one of the best since he open carry's when not on duty in his civilian clothes and he stands up for everyone's rights as far as can be seen on this forum. Besides, with the P.C. crowd enmeshed in police departments all over the country if Pete made any comments that could be deemed "offensive" against other cops he could possibly lose his job.

Law abider

Maybe Pete is on vacation? I think Pete is a good cop, one of the best since he open carry's when not on duty in his civilian clothes and he stands up for everyone's rights as far as can be seen on this forum. Besides, with the P.C. crowd enmeshed in police departments all over the country if Pete made any comments that could be deemed "offensive" against other cops he could possibly lose his job.

Yeah PC crowds are everywhere. Hope he can send a PM on this issue. I wonder when he OCs off duty, he still carries his badge? If so, that's a huge advantage.

pkbites

I wonder when he OCs off duty, he still carries his badge?

Never. I actually could get in trouble for that.

And I try not to comment on these cases as I wasn't there anymore than any of you. Complete information is rarely given out at first as it can sku the pending investigation. And too many here are wayyy too eager to start bashing law enforcement without having the full facts of the case. Honestly, some of you sound like a bunch of gossiping, envious old grannies. So I try to resist the temptation to comment on some of the ridiculous posts I see on these boards.

Law abider

Never. I actually could get in trouble for that.

And I try not to comment on these cases as I wasn't there anymore than any of you. Complete information is rarely given out at first as it can sku the pending investigation. And too many here are wayyy too eager to start bashing law enforcement without having the full facts of the case. Honestly, some of you sound like a bunch of gossiping, envious old grannies. So I try to resist the temptation to comment on some of the ridiculous posts I see on these boards.

AAH! I have been hit by a SCM! I think I am going to faint

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Did you actual watch the dash cam footage I didn't see one kick. I did see the punches thrown against the one subject who wasn't listening and struggling to get off the ground so he wouldn't be hand cuffed

So Nightmare how would you propose that the police take those to men into custody.

Please tell us what you would have done to get then to listen to you, into hand cuffs then into the cruisers finally into jail.

I am waiting for your expert and knowledgeable advice how they should have done it.

Last edited:

Primus

So Nightmare how would you propose that the police take those to men into custody.

Please tell us what you would have done to get then to listen to you, into hand cuffs then into the cruisers finally into jail.

I am waiting for your expert and knowledgeable advice how they should have done it.

See if they had tasers the wouldn't have needed to lunch or kick them so many times..... or if they just did what they were asked.

DrakeZ07

Did you actual watch the dash cam footage I didn't see one kick. I did see the punches thrown against the one subject who wasn't listening and struggling to get off the ground so he wouldn't be hand cuffed

Such is the inherent criminality of the PC crowd within our own carry community. Nice to see that you'll step up to the plate to defend people who punch, and assualt/abuse someone because they are not co-operating. Will you also defend a store manager who beats an OC'er with a 2x4 because they wasn't co-operating with the manager's demands that they not carry within the store, even if the larger company policy allows it? Would you advocate and defend me if I rear-ended a person because they was purposely driving too slow?

Someone on the ground, refusing to co-operate, civilly disobeying police attempts to arrest them. Granted that is illegal, but does that REALLY give -ANYONE- the right to start punching, or kicking, them?

And I thought Sheeple didn't exist in OCDO.