• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect Shot Dead In Green Bay By Police

Law abider

Such is the inherent criminality of the PC crowd within our own carry community. Nice to see that you'll step up to the plate to defend people who punch, and assualt/abuse someone because they are not co-operating. Will you also defend a store manager who beats an OC'er with a 2x4 because they wasn't co-operating with the manager's demands that they not carry within the store, even if the larger company policy allows it? Would you advocate and defend me if I rear-ended a person because they was purposely driving too slow?

Someone on the ground, refusing to co-operate, civilly disobeying police attempts to arrest them. Granted that is illegal, but does that REALLY give -ANYONE- the right to start punching, or kicking, them?

And I thought Sheeple didn't exist in OCDO.

Oh boy! I didn't mean to start a ruckus. My general feeling has been that the police are quick to use violence before using non lethal means. TAZER first and if that doesn't work then a step up force before killing the perpetrator. I bet if we applied the stand your ground in public or castle doctrine in our home and shot the person FIRST rather than try to calm the situation down like they say we need to, I bet we'll be in jail ASAP. Guaranteed. In fact we do loose immunity if we don't. If you are a leo the guns will be blazing right now. Now I understand we have rouge cops and 'good' cops.

Firearms Iinstuctor

None of you have given a better choice on how to take a person who doesn't want to cooperate and actively resists into custody.

How many times and over what time period do you ask them nicely to turn around and place their hands behind their back and go along peacefully. Before you have to go hands on.

Once, twice, one hundred 1, 2 minutes two hours, 6 hours.

You guys are the experts here you all seem to know more about the bad use of force then any body else.

So tells us.

Its very easy to Monday quarter back.

I am patiently waiting for your answers.

Law abider

None of you have given a better choice on how to take a person who doesn't want to cooperate and actively resists into custody.

How many times and over what time period do you ask them nicely to turn around and place their hands behind their back and go along peacefully. Before you have to go hands on.

Once, twice, one hundred 1, 2 minutes two hours, 6 hours.

You guys are the experts here you all seem to know more about the bad use of force then any body else.

So tells us.

Its very easy to Monday quarter back.

I am patiently waiting for your answers.

One thing I missed is that it all depends on the situation and situations vary tremendously. All I was saying firearms that if they had time before being knifed, they could have tased him.aybe he moved so fast that they had to shoot him. I don't know what EXACTLY happened.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

One thing I missed is that it all depends on the situation and situations vary tremendously. All I was saying firearms that if they had time before being knifed, they could have tased him.aybe he moved so fast that they had to shoot him. I don't know what EXACTLY happened.

Are you ref this case this subject had a firearm or ref the Neillsville one where he was armed with a knife.

Trip20

I realize the simpleminded have allowed this thread to divulge in to a generic discussion of cops = meanies... But taking the actual thread topic at face value I don't see why it caused a stir. Most of this forum's inhabitants would shoot their own shadow if it hinted to being armed and following too closely.

OC for ME

The implication is that a cop sees a gun and thus the gun wielding perp is now a lethal threat to said officer.

The cops in the op do not/did not confirm that a gun was pointed at anyone.

It could be, and we may never know cuz the cops investigate themselves, that one cop ordered the dead perp to disarm, the dead perp was complying and the other cop did not know the dead perp was complying with a different cop's orders. It has happened in the past, conflicting views of the same scene by cops resulting in a dead perp.

But, this may be too much of a stretch for some since the facts, as determined by the cops, have yet to be released for the consumption of the citizenry.

It is very very likely that no misdeeds by the cops will be discovered.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I realize the simpleminded have allowed this thread to divulge in to a generic discussion of cops = meanies... But taking the actual thread topic at face value I don't see why it caused a stir. Most of this forum's inhabitants would shoot their own shadow if it hinted to being armed and following too closely.

Well this is an interesting viewpoint. It seems those that have engaged in discussion in this thread are simple-minded. And most of the forum members are trigger-happy cowards. I'm guessing this was meant to be offensive. Fortunately, I'm not easily offended.

In fact I'm heartened that this topic did in fact cause a stir, even if the above-quoted poster did not feel it warranted one. I think any time a citizen is killed by employees of his/her government should cause a stir. And i agree with OCfM that any police investigation into this incident will miraculously indicate no wrong-doing by anyone other than that meanie that got himself shot by these fine upstanding representatives of law and order.

Trip20

There's not a thing wrong with wanting to vet out wrongdoing of your public servants but the level of idiotic conjecture tips the scales in the signal to noise ratio to a degree you should be appalled.

OC for ME

My being appalled is reserved for true injustice. The op doe not rise to that level. The dead perp likely did have a gun because the cops said so. A death warrant is not warranted for simply having a gun.

The "facts' will be made available and no one will be able to contradict the facts made available by the cops. Color me a skeptic in all cases where a citizen, regardless of his history, is terminated by the state. The anecdotal evidence supports my skepticism as far as I am concerned.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
There's not a thing wrong with wanting to vet out wrongdoing of your public servants but the level of idiotic conjecture tips the scales in the signal to noise ratio to a degree you should be appalled.

As I said, I'm not easily offended. You telling me how I should feel is offensive to me.

As far as I'm concerned people are allowed to engage in idiotic conjecture to their heart's content. My reaction to their words is my responsibility.