Thread: First OC encounter...in my driveway!

First OC encounter...in my driveway!

Well, I posted a fitness machine up for sale in Craigslist, and got a call from an older man that wanted to see it, we agreed on a time and he showed up with his son, he came in saw the machine, made me an offer and I accepted it. I was helping loading the machine to the truck, he introduced his son (who was driving) and he had a 1911 in his jeans' back pocket (kind of odd way to carry it) but I assumed every body will be a little weary going to meet someone out of a website. I just said, nice 1911 you got there...he smiled, said thanks and we started talking guns for a little bit. I was carrying my XD OWB under a light jacket, they never saw it.

Other than that, I never seen any body else OC'ing around here...
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-18-2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Fixed title

Well, not exactly my definition of open carry, but, glad it was a friendly encounter.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

OC-ish.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    It was observable by common observation, else how could the OP have noticed it? Too bad that it was not properly holstered....
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by XD9_MS View Post
    Well, I posted a fitness machine up for sale in Craigslist, and got a call from an older man that wanted to see it, we agreed on a time and he showed up with his son, he came in saw the machine, made me an offer and I accepted it. I was helping loading the machine to the truck, he introduced his son (who was driving) and he had a 1911 in his jeans' back pocket (kind of odd way to carry it) but I assumed every body will be a little weary going to meet someone out of a website. I just said, nice 1911 you got there...he smiled, said thanks and we started talking guns for a little bit. I was carrying my XD OWB under a light jacket, they never saw it.

Other than that, I never seen any body else OC'ing around here...
    More likely than not, I think he may have been a little wary.

First OC encounter...in my driveway!

Thanks for the subtle correction, English is not my first language 😊
    Last edited by XD9_MS; 12-18-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    It was observable by common observation, else how could the OP have noticed it? Too bad that it was not properly holstered....
    Correct. It was half in the pocket- half out. Not a good way to OC if you are going to. I found it a little odd to be honest.

I certainly dont have an issue with anyone OCing but to do so in an irresponsible manner is something i cannot support. Someone could easily relieve him of that firearm or it could fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I certainly dont have an issue with anyone OCing but to do so in an irresponsible manner is something i cannot support. Someone could easily relieve him of that firearm or it could fall out.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    More likely than not, I think he may have been a little wary.

More likely than not, I believe he may have been a little wary
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Grammar Nazi brigade I see...

Hail!
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.