• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick Black running for Congress (Wolf's seat)!!!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Truly a man who puts the better of others above himself.

All too rarely seen today.

TFred
"

Hmmmm... based ONLY on this article, I see only partisanship.

[SUB]"Putting his party ... first, State Senator Dick Black has made the very difficult decision to withdraw...
"He made the decision for the good of the republican party, ..."
"...does not want see Governor McAuliffe succeed..."
"...
imperative that I remain in the Senate where I am needed to maintain our 20/20 split."
[/SUB]

None of those imply (to me) "people first".

TFred

"

Hmmmm... based ONLY on this article, I see only partisanship.

[SUB]"Putting his party ... first, State Senator Dick Black has made the very difficult decision to withdraw...
"He made the decision for the good of the republican party, ..."
"...does not want see Governor McAuliffe succeed..."
"...
imperative that I remain in the Senate where I am needed to maintain our 20/20 split."
[/SUB]

None of those imply (to me) "people first".
Yes, we know you are a Democrat.

We've heard it before.

Thanks for telling us again.

TFred

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Yes, we know you are a Democrat.

We've heard it before.

Thanks for telling us again.

TFred

No, but if I were ...

How would that change the partisanship evident in this article about Black's decision?

TFred

I couldn't care less whether or not the article is "partisan."

The last time I (and in fact, every time have ever) checked, this forum is about gun rights.

I, along with many others here, I'm sure, would just love to hear you explain to us how a Democrat-majority Senate of Virginia could in any way possibly be a positive situation for gun rights.

Please proceed.

TFred

Tess

Founder's Club Member
How to fail logic 101....

Make a statement.
When that statement is challenged, attack the challenger.
When the fallacy of logic is pointed out, change the subject.

This article (on-topic for the thread) about Dick Black's choice not to run for Congress, is NOT an example of someone "who puts the better of others above himself." despite anyone's wishes.

It may, in fact, be the best thing for Virginia gun owners (because, of course, we don't need friends in Washington </sarcasm>) but the logic in this thread is sorely lacking.

TFred

How to fail logic 101....

Make a statement.
When that statement is challenged, attack the challenger.
When the fallacy of logic is pointed out, change the subject.

This article (on-topic for the thread) about Dick Black's choice not to run for Congress, is NOT an example of someone "who puts the better of others above himself." despite anyone's wishes.

It may, in fact, be the best thing for Virginia gun owners (because, of course, we don't need friends in Washington </sarcasm>) but the logic in this thread is sorely lacking.
Sure, I put the thread back ON TOPIC for this forum. Nice try.

I assume you have no response for how a Democrat controlled Senate is better for gun owners in Virginia.

TFred

Repeater

Warner endorses Warner

The voting record of Mark Warner is clear: he votes against gun rights.

So ..... John Warner today endorses Mark Warner over Ed Gillespie.

Is that bipartisan enough?
Former Republican Sen. John W. Warner today endorsed his Democratic successor over a past national GOP chairman in the race for the U.S. Senate seat he held for 30 years.

Warner told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that he is supporting Sen. Mark Warner, who is being challenged by Ed Gillespie in November's election. The Warners are not related.

John Warner, a [strike]moderate[/strike] RINO, earned a reputation as a party maverick by bucking the conservatives who gradually won control of the GOP during his decades in office. He refused to endorse GOP home-schooling advocate Mike Farris for lieutenant governor and backed an independent candidate over Iran-Contra figure Oliver North in the 1994 race against Democratic Sen. Chuck Robb. But this is the first time he has endorsed a Democrat outright.

John Warner praised his successor, also a centrist, for seeking bipartisan solutions.

"You see him crossing that aisle to try to form teams to solve problems," John Warner said. "That's so essential."

Sure, "crossing that aisle" to betray gun owners.