• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no need for papers, we demand your DNA

eye95

As long as there is zero question in the mind of the driver that he does not have to pull into the checkpoint, I have no problem with this whatsoever. The headline of the article indicates that drivers were "forced" to pull over, but the body seemed to indicate otherwise. Since governmental force is the crux of the issue, the article's author should have made the procedures that might have been seen as force the main point of the article.

Also, the thread title is quite misleading. Considering the agenda of the OP, not surprising.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with obamacare either. So, the post and the title are complete deceptions.

BTW, OP, do you ever discuss OC??? Or carry even??? Or maybe just guns???

Last edited:

OC for ME

St Charles Missouri also. There was no indication that the cop in the "middle of the road" could be ignored and driven around. No reasonable person would feel that they could ignore the deputy and drive around. I suspect that if a citizen did just simply drive around the deputy that a serious and likely life threatening situation would have ensued for the hapless citizen.

The events after the citizen was directed into the designated ares is irrelevant.

The St Charles Sheriff's Department permitted deputies to assist the NHTSA gang. I am not sure at this point if the deputies were on-duty, or were assisting in a unpaid "off-duty" capacity.

Any cop who engages in such conduct is a thug.