Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An organization every AZ gun owner should join

An organization every AZ gun owner should join

I belong to the GOA, and the NRA. However the Arizona Citizens Defense League is the organization that really fights for our rights right here in AZ. They have a great track record and have been doing a lot of hard work for us. The link below will show you some of their accomplishments.

This October I attended their annual luncheon and being in a 5 star hotel along with 400 or more folks, mostly open carrying, was well worth the annual membership fee. I urge gun owners and others to support this fine organization by joining and participating.

Merry Christmas to all

Lynn McFadden ... old uncle ho

http://www.azcdl.org/html/accomplishments.html (click on or cut and paste)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Uncle Ho View Post
    However the Arizona Citizens Defense League is the organization that really fights for our rights right here in AZ.
    Thanks for the compliments Lynn

AzCDL just passed the 10,000 member mark on Sunday, December 15th. Woo Hoo!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    Thanks for the compliments Lynn

AzCDL just passed the 10,000 member mark on Sunday, December 15th. Woo Hoo!

Fred
    Yo Fred;
    Lets hope a few more lads hit the wallets and do the right thing. It's a great organization. By the by, the annual luncheon this year was my first and it was great.

Tks Fred

Lynn

Lets hope a few more lads hit the wallets and do the right thing
    I'd be even happier if more gun owners would use our Legislative Action Center to contact their legislators when we ask.

It is disheartening to realize how few care about preserving their rights

Fred

An organization all AZ gun owners should belong to.

Fred.

Fred, there have been a lot of hits but the only comments are between you and I. I am hopeful however that there has been a bit of a surge in membership applications. Please tell me that's true!!!
    Lynn McFadden, aka old uncle ho.

Fred.

Fred, there have been a lot of hits but the only comments are between you and I. I am hopeful however that there has been a bit of a surge in membership applications. Please tell me that's true!!!
    Lynn McFadden, aka old uncle ho.
    10,000 members + and growing. :thumbup:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I am hopeful however that there has been a bit of a surge in membership applications. Please tell me that's true!!!
    Every year we grow by larger numbers. This year we've recruited over 2,600 new members. That over 200 a month!

Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 12-28-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I am proud to be a LIFETIME member of AzCDL. I urge others who value their freedoms to become members also. :thumbup:

http://www.azcdl.org/

Edit to fix typo ....dang fat fingers
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 12-28-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I think Fred meant that 2,600 is over *200* new members per month during 2013. So settle down you members of the math police out there.
    Thanks for catching that. I corrected my posting.

Fred

Letters to our congressional representatives

Hallo Fred and FreeInAz.

We've all heard people say (way to often) that writing a letter to a congressman does no good. Not so. Some years back I had some friends working as staffers for Cong. McCullom in D.C. As such I had an opportunity to speak with the very fine man on a visit to meet my friends. On the subject of letters he told me that occasionally a bill came up on which he had no information or interest. If he got three letters FOR the bill and two AGAINST the bill, he'd vote FOR. That simple. Now not all letters are responded to however THEY ARE all tallied and tabulated. So if a representative of ours gets 9 letters against and 50 for, you can see where his vote will (should) go. If he gets a few thousand letters from the AZCDL members and friends, that HAS to make an impression. So letters do make a difference, in fact a big difference. Therefor as Fred says, we need people to write to our reps on our issues. The AZCDL makes it really easy by helping find the representatives for us.

Lets all make one New Years resolution that we will keep. We will write our Reps until they vote our way just to get us off their backs. This goes for our local Sheriffs and Chiefs of police as well.

I wish a Happy and prosperous letter writing New Year to all.
    Lynn McFadden, old uncle ho

We've all heard people say (way to often) that writing a letter to a congressman does no good.... If he gets a few thousand letters from the AZCDL members and friends, that HAS to make an impression. So letters do make a difference, in fact a big difference. Therefor as Fred says, we need people to write to our reps on our issues.
    2014 will be AzCDL's 10th year in business. We have discovered, especially at the state level, that:

1. Emails to legislators make a BIG difference. We've had legislators change their votes and in one instance ask for a committee rehearing on a bill they voted against (and later voted for).

2. Canned emails are just as effective as hand-written letters. When a politician says they prefer hand-written letters it's because they know that no one will take the time to write one. When AzCDL members overloaded the email servers at the Capitol that gets their attention.

And, AzCDL spends several thousand dollars every year for our Legislative Action Center where we prepare emails for activists to send during critical times during a bill's progress. All it takes is a few key-strokes and about 30 seconds of your time to make a difference.

This coming year, we're expecting an all out assault to repeal every freedom we've restored during the last 9 years. Bloomberg set up shop in Arizona two years ago and has an active organization. Millions of dollars are pouring into the coffers of the Arizona anti-rights groups. In 2013, we saw more bills to strip us of our right to bear arms than to protect that right. It's going to be a lot worse in 2014. Not taking action to support your rights, or expecting the "other guy" to do it for you, is the equivalent of supporting those who want to take away your rights.

And, those who "don't want their name on any list" are cowards. Imagine what the Declaration of Independence would look like if those gentlemen didn't want their name on anything that the Crown might see.

/rant off
    Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 12-28-2013 at 04:06 PM.

^^^THIS!^^^ We will stand together , or suffer alone.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    ^^^THIS!^^^ We will stand together , or suffer alone.
    Agree. There are some lists we may want to stay off of, but should be on if we are truly dedicated to the cause of OPEN carry and unabridged exercise of our Rights. There are other lists we are on which we may have to accept as a bittersweet badge of honour, namely those lists which now tend to include the names of our returning veterans of all branches of the armed forces.

Regardless, history is replete with instances of a few taking on the brunt of a larger, better equipped/funded enemy's force and still coming out victorious. I suspect ours will not be decided on a physical battlefield, but I hope it doesn't take a valiantly-fought loss in order to wake up our fellow Arizonans from their collective, complacent butts and into the correct mindset of Liberty over privilege, and Freedom over permission.

BTW FreeInAZ, I believe the Benjamin Franklin quote you are referring to was: "We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately," but I still agree with your (and Fred's) message.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

@Rusty - I know the quote well you are speaking of. Note I was not quoting Franklin directly. He said those words as he signed the declaration of independence, essentially declaring war against the crown. The signers all new they were signing their death warrants if the revolution failed. He IMHO, was simply stating aloud what the others in the hall were thinking.
    http://www.cusolaw.com/2006/12/02/we...ng-separately/

I chose milder words, because I am a hopeful that we can avoid a revolution against those who wish to erase human rights from our country. If we are active and vocal, we can prevail. This fight is not just about "gun rights" as it has been framed by the media, it is about the "human rights" that will be cast aside once a vast majority of the population has been disarmed. That is the message we need to get out to those sitting on the side lines on their hands. What we will lose (right to keep & bear arms) will pale in comparison to what the bulk of them will lose once we are out of the way.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-03-2014 at 01:05 AM.

I'm also proud to be a life member of AzCDL and while my work constraints dictate that I miss most of the face to face activities I never miss an opportunity to utilize the action center to send an email to my legislators. The replies are mostly boilerplate but they confirm that I've added my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Border Scot View Post
    I'm also proud to be a life member of AzCDL and while my work constraints dictate that I miss most of the face to face activities I never miss an opportunity to utilize the action center to send an email to my legislators. The replies are mostly boilerplate but they confirm that I've added my $0.02
    Thank you for your activism!

Those boiler plate emails make the difference between a bill passing or failing.

Sadly, way too many Arizona gun owners won't spend the 30 seconds or so needed to send a pre-written letter to their legislators.

Not participating is the equivalent of supporting those who want to strip us of our rights.

Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 01-05-2014 at 11:26 AM.

azcdlfred - can azcdl accept bitcoin for purchases in the store or memberships?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    azcdlfred - can azcdl accept bitcoin for purchases in the store or memberships?
    I wouldn't know how to start with Bitcoin. I'm also very leery about "phantom" money.

More importantly, as far as I know I wouldn't be able to pay any bills to our vendors with Bitcoin and I can't redeem them for cash anywhere.

And, it seems Bitcoin is produced out of thin air with people "mining" it just by visiting certain websites.

Feel free to educate me otherwise

Fred
    AzCDL Treasurer and the guy who files the tax returns and who doesn't want to spend time explaining to the IRS what a Bitcoin is

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    [... ] Feel free to educate me otherwise :

Fred
    AzCDL Treasurer and the guy who files the tax returns and who doesn't want to spend time explaining to the IRS what a Bitcoin is
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

https://www.khanacademy.org/economic...oin-what-is-it VIDEO

http://cert.inteco.es/extfrontinteco...bitcoin_en.pdf 1.8 MB 47 pages
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-20-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Bitcoin is best avoided, at least for now IMO.

Like the wooden nickel, it has no more value than you and others place on it, but you may be left holding the bag.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If nothing else, we all should be learning to maintain the software, and to understand the theory behind the encryption and crypto-currency.

I would also note the introduction of ProtonMail.ch Within hours their server(s) maxed out and new accounts are on a waiting list, waiting for more capacity.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Oops...and thanks

Saw the thread. Realized I'd been lapsed for a while. Renewed my annual membership today.

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere View Post
    Saw the thread. Realized I'd been lapsed for a while. Renewed my annual membership today.
    Thanks! It's probably sitting in my email inbox.

I have had relatives visiting all week and have over 1,000 unread emails. Just took a quick break to quickly scan unread threads here.

Fred
    AzCDL Treasurer

Haven't been able to make it to the gun shows lately to volunteer at the table.

Glad you remembered us even with your hectic schedule AzCDLFred. You can expect another email in the next months when I'll be renewing my membership late August/early September, and then going to the luncheon in October.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast