• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois concealed carry applications open to registered instructors

lockman

State Researcher
The Illinois State Police (ISP) is pleased to announce that the Concealed Carry Licensing application is being opened to currently registered Concealed Carry Instructors (CCI). Effective Wednesday, December 18, 2013, all CCI can electronically apply for a Concealed Carry License (CCL) by clicking on the Concealed Carry link from the ISP website at www.isp.state.il.us. This early release will allow the ISP to test the system and ensure there are no problems prior to the public release on January 5, 2014. To apply, you will be required to include the Transaction Control Number (TCN) you received when fingerprinted as a CCI.

Your TCN is: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

As an early participant, you are being asked to answer the questions below to assist the ISP in meeting the needs of the public. If you have any questions concerning the application process, please call the ISP Firearms Customer Service Line at 217-782-7980. Thank you.

QUESTIONS: Please send responses to the below questions to: CCW_Illinois@isp.state.il.us

1. How many individuals have you trained for the Illinois Concealed Carry Act firearm training requirement to date?

2. How many individuals do you have scheduled for Illinois Concealed Carry Act firearm training up through January 5, 2014?

3. As a CCI, will you be willing to assist your students with the electronic CCL application?

The bureaucratic process begins!

lockman

State Researcher
Illinoiscarry website is down, apparently too much traffic about application postings and problems.

UP Now.

Last edited:

RANDYT

Non instructors are also able to complete 90% of the aplication process, and they will just have to log in on the 5th, make payment and then they are done.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It's only a matter of days in Chicago before a legally-carried gun saves a life.

RANDYT

There was a few that actually recieved their permits today. Mine should arrive in the mail either Monday or Tuesday, since I was approved yesterday, and supposedly mailed.