Thread: Dad: 5-Year-Old Suspended For Making Gun Gesture With Hand

Dad: 5-Year-Old Suspended For Making Gun Gesture With Hand

GASTON COUNTY, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) A 5-year-old boy was reportedly suspended from school after making a gun gesture with his hand on the playground.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/1...ure-with-hand/
    At least the school was not reported to have been put on lock down.

shame the CBS affiliate couldn't figure how to spell 'PRINCIPLE' when referring to the 'PRINCIPAL' for the head of the school.

KUDOs to the father for pitching a fit and getting them to immediately back down and giving school administration an opportunity to get off being stuck on stupid, tho the principal should be duly chastised by the school board for having his head firmly stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    shame the CBS affiliate couldn't figure how to spell 'PRINCIPLE' when referring to the 'PRINCIPAL' for the head of the school.

KUDOs to the father for pitching a fit and getting them to immediately back down and giving school administration an opportunity to get off being stuck on stupid, tho the principal should be duly chastised by the school board for having his head firmly stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

ipse
    +1

Guess that's what people get anymore for turning their kiddies over to the state to raise/educate.

“He was playing army on the playground,” Hendrix told WBTV. “I just felt like the punishment was way too severe.”
    Why wasn't ANY punishment considered too severe, even a frown would have been too much?? But, hey, in a few years it will be OK for the US Army recruiters to talk to the same kid at the local High School.
    Last edited by carolina guy; 12-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    --snipped--
    But, hey, in a few years it will be OK for the US Army recruiters to talk to the same kid at the local High School.
    Don't be so sure.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/2-super...l?pagenum=full

http://www.themainewire.com/2013/07/...ry-recruiters/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

True...although I am not aware of that in NC Schools currently, but in 10 years, who knows?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Would these school officials consider it a concealed weapon if the child put his hand in his pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Would these school officials consider it a concealed weapon if the child put his hand in his pocket?
    Zero tolerance knows no tolerance - not even for children playing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

So I guess a game of cops and robbers is a no-no along with cowboys and Indians... The good old days are truly over...

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    So I guess a game of cops and robbers is a no-no along with cowboys and Indians... The good old days are truly over...

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Best regards

CCJ
    The "good old days" are today for our children and grandchildren. We owe it to them to show them that there is a better way where independence and freedom are normal - where students are taught to think and chose for themselves and enjoy the fruits of their own labor, to not accept being forced into the mold of conformity for its own sake. A healthy imagination is a good thing.....and it is fun. Most of the great advances were initiated by thinking outside of the box.

No mind control, no simple do-it-my-way-or-else people control. They need to learn to accept or reject others by their actions, not by the color of their skin nor by their accent, and most assuredly not by their tools.

Turn off the TV and the X-box, take a kid to the range. Teach them personal responsibility and be prepared to step in and defend them when they are right. Do not abrogate that duty. Let them know that the possibilities for happiness and success (not necessarily the same thing) are endless and only limited by their thinking/imagination.

Hope this dad at least bought his child a special treat along with the assurance that he did nothing wrong.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.

Did I say, "Take a kid to the range + buy a treat after?" Make today the best day of the rest of their life - they will learn and thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Zero tolerance knows no tolerance - not even for children playing.
    Zero tolerance is politically correct PC-code for incapable of thought thoughtlessness.

Television is the mind-sucker, the little death of intelligence.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-30-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The "good old days" are today for our children and grandchildren. We owe it to them to show them that there is a better way where independence and freedom are normal - where students are taught to think and chose for themselves and enjoy the fruits of their own labor, to not accept being forced into the mold of conformity for its own sake. A healthy imagination is a good thing.....and it is fun. Most of the great advances were initiated by thinking outside of the box.

No mind control, no simple do-it-my-way-or-else people control. They need to learn to accept or reject others by their actions, not by the color of their skin nor by their accent, and most assuredly not by their tools.

Turn off the TV and the X-box, take a kid to the range. Teach them personal responsibility and be prepared to step in and defend them when they are right. Do not abrogate that duty. Let them know that the possibilities for happiness and success (not necessarily the same thing) are endless and only limited by their thinking/imagination.

Hope this dad at least bought his child a special treat along with the assurance that he did nothing wrong.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.

Did I say, "Take a kid to the range + buy a treat after?" Make today the best day of the rest of their life - they will learn and thank you for it.
    +1

These are among the reasons that we homeschool our children.