• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dad: 5-Year-Old Suspended For Making Gun Gesture With Hand

solus

shame the CBS affiliate couldn't figure how to spell 'PRINCIPLE' when referring to the 'PRINCIPAL' for the head of the school.

KUDOs to the father for pitching a fit and getting them to immediately back down and giving school administration an opportunity to get off being stuck on stupid, tho the principal should be duly chastised by the school board for having his head firmly stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

ipse

carolina guy

shame the CBS affiliate couldn't figure how to spell 'PRINCIPLE' when referring to the 'PRINCIPAL' for the head of the school.

KUDOs to the father for pitching a fit and getting them to immediately back down and giving school administration an opportunity to get off being stuck on stupid, tho the principal should be duly chastised by the school board for having his head firmly stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

ipse

+1

Guess that's what people get anymore for turning their kiddies over to the state to raise/educate.

“He was playing army on the playground,” Hendrix told WBTV. “I just felt like the punishment was way too severe.”

Why wasn't ANY punishment considered too severe, even a frown would have been too much?? But, hey, in a few years it will be OK for the US Army recruiters to talk to the same kid at the local High School.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

So I guess a game of cops and robbers is a no-no along with cowboys and Indians... The good old days are truly over...

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Best regards

CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So I guess a game of cops and robbers is a no-no along with cowboys and Indians... The good old days are truly over...

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Best regards

CCJ
The "good old days" are today for our children and grandchildren. We owe it to them to show them that there is a better way where independence and freedom are normal - where students are taught to think and chose for themselves and enjoy the fruits of their own labor, to not accept being forced into the mold of conformity for its own sake. A healthy imagination is a good thing.....and it is fun. Most of the great advances were initiated by thinking outside of the box.

No mind control, no simple do-it-my-way-or-else people control. They need to learn to accept or reject others by their actions, not by the color of their skin nor by their accent, and most assuredly not by their tools.

Turn off the TV and the X-box, take a kid to the range. Teach them personal responsibility and be prepared to step in and defend them when they are right. Do not abrogate that duty. Let them know that the possibilities for happiness and success (not necessarily the same thing) are endless and only limited by their thinking/imagination.

Hope this dad at least bought his child a special treat along with the assurance that he did nothing wrong.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.

Did I say, "Take a kid to the range + buy a treat after?" Make today the best day of the rest of their life - they will learn and thank you for it.

carolina guy

The "good old days" are today for our children and grandchildren. We owe it to them to show them that there is a better way where independence and freedom are normal - where students are taught to think and chose for themselves and enjoy the fruits of their own labor, to not accept being forced into the mold of conformity for its own sake. A healthy imagination is a good thing.....and it is fun. Most of the great advances were initiated by thinking outside of the box.

No mind control, no simple do-it-my-way-or-else people control. They need to learn to accept or reject others by their actions, not by the color of their skin nor by their accent, and most assuredly not by their tools.

Turn off the TV and the X-box, take a kid to the range. Teach them personal responsibility and be prepared to step in and defend them when they are right. Do not abrogate that duty. Let them know that the possibilities for happiness and success (not necessarily the same thing) are endless and only limited by their thinking/imagination.

Hope this dad at least bought his child a special treat along with the assurance that he did nothing wrong.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.

Did I say, "Take a kid to the range + buy a treat after?" Make today the best day of the rest of their life - they will learn and thank you for it.

+1

These are among the reasons that we homeschool our children.