• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Somerset Schools In Lockdown Mode

wimwag

Maybe they'll pass AB-9 secretly and make us second class citizens.

Email number one that was sent out from New Richmond administrator:

"Hello;

This is Jeff Moberg, Administrator for the school district of New Richmond. We are aware that Somerset Elementary School is or has been in a lock down. We have confirmed that the nature of the threat is specific and do not have any reason to believe that the threat includes New Richmond Schools or students. As a precautionary measure we will maintain our diligence in our secure front entry ways and we will do indoor recess today."

Email number two:

"This is Jeff Moberg, administrator for the school district of New Richmond with an update. Our schools are not in lock down and have not been in lock down. As indicated previously, we exercised some precautionary measures as a neighboring school was in lock down. Local law enforcement has confirmed there is no threat at New Richmond Schools. A suspect in the Somerset incident has been taken into custody."

Nothing that differs in the local rag.

Fuller Malarkey

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...g-lockdown-at-Somerset-schools-236573271.html

"The man was identified as Andrew Joseph Robert Wallace, 20. Mr. Wallace declined to answer questions about the incident and was attended by his attorney during questioning. The St Croix County District Attorney's Office was alerted to the situation. Wallace was transported to the St Croix County Jail and charged with Disorderly Conduct."

"Officers were deployed to the other schools in the school district and an investigation was initiated."

Somerset has "commando cops" they "deploy"? When I was there, the cop was the dog catcher and mowed. Found lost bicycles.

http://www.wqow.com/story/24261911/2013/12/19/somerset-schools-in-lockdown-after-verbal-threat

wimwag

when we had recess we would play dodgeball, cowboys and indians etc.....now all you can do is have pretend nonheterosexual weddings ...

Tackle football. It ended in 5th grade when Jacob broke his jaw and the school district made a new policy

Kc.38

We used to play "smear the queer". Which is a form of tag where we would all end up in a big N----R pile. I suppose neither of those games would be allowed today. Yea, I guess I am just oldschool.

wimwag

We used to play "smear the queer". Which is a form of tag where we would all end up in a big N----R pile. I suppose neither of those games would be allowed today. Yea, I guess I am just oldschool.

Lol you just broke so many politeness and PC norms