• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about olympic medical center

jeeper1

This thread ' ? about PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center

got me to thinking about OMC.
According to their web site
http://www.olympicmedical.org/default.aspx?ID=1
The last paragraph reads
"Olympic Medical Center's status as a rural public hospital district allows it to enter into cooperative agreements and contracts with other rural public hospital districts under the Interlocal Cooperation Act to provide for the health care needs of the people served by the hospital districts. Please click here to review our current Interlocal Agreement."
Does that mean, in theory, that I can carry there because of preemption? I go there several times a year for tests and always CC.

This kind of stuff confuses me because I don't speak or understand legalese.

deanf

Yes. Clallam Public Hospital District No. 2 is a municipal corporation just like a fire district or public utility district, or more importantly, like the City of Seattle. Your rights under state preemption were affirmed in the Chan decision, where the court found a municipal corporation does not have the authority to ban guns by administrative rule.