Thread: No more lunches?

No more lunches?

Are we not doing monthly lunches anymore? I know I missed a couple due to work and money, due to furloughs. Lack of interest? What's going on?

Just curious.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Don't be discouraged by the lack of replies - think it is more the time of the year with so much else going on. That and people are still acclimating to the new "events" sub-forum.

Put something together - build it and they will come.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I will be training in OKC the weekend of Jan 4/5. If not cancelled (yet again) I will be available for a lunch / dinner / breakfast. Swadleys is da bomb! Don't know if they, or anywhere else, are OC friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    I will be training in OKC the weekend of Jan 4/5. If not cancelled (yet again) I will be available for a lunch / dinner / breakfast. Swadleys is da bomb! Don't know if they, or anywhere else, are OC friendly.
    So you are not disappointed when you arrive here in OKC: I regret that according to a post on the "I Support Open Carry" facebook page, In a statement posted by the author of the thread, although the owners claim to be Oklahoma Self Defense Act license holders who should know better IMHO, Swadley's has recently decided to post against open carry.

A group that I meet with used to gather at Swadley's regularly. The last time, we chose Earl's because of a noticeable and general deterioration at Swadley's. It's his business and he can run it as he pleases. Fortunately, I have found that for every business that is hostile to the right to keep and bear arms, there are many competitors that are better alternatives and I'll reward them with my patronage and support. Both Earl's and Van's Pig Stand are neutral on the issue.

https://www.facebook.com/opencarryok

rats! i really liked them.

thanks for the update!