Thread: notice to appear email stating court papers are attached is bogus

notice to appear email stating court papers are attached is bogus

thought i would share and provide a word to the wise!!

I received three separate emails from ticket_support@jonesday.com notifying me i had to appear in court of Washington the first of next year.
    emails also advised to bring appropriate documents and witnesses
    court notice is contained in attachment to the letter
    note: if you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

yours
    ms xyz
    clerk of the Court.

jonesday is a large international law firm who was contacted and i was advised by the nice lady out of the DC office to destroy the email w/o opening the attachment and that the FBI has been notified to investigate the situation.

even tho the attachments have not been opened, all puters in my system are undergoing a deep scan

my final comment is whew, as i thought my significant other just found out about a ticket i might have received and forgotten about...

ipse
    I'm one of the GOOD Guys who believes in community and country who you can trust to act!
    http://goodguys.nra.org/neighbor.htm...m_campaign=gg3

“Bloomberg is one guy with millions, but we’re millions of NRA members with our 25 bucks. Let’s see who crushes who.” (NRA 2014)
    http://home.nra.org/home/video/bloombergs-millions

Did you agree to service via email?

I doubt your court practice rules allows for email service w/o agreement.
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)
    [/I]

fake jonesday et al. emails about court appearance.

This is a malware email from a botnet called the "Asprox" botnet. The attached trojan, when run, joins your computer to the botnet.

They use infected computers for a variety of activities like ad fraud, bitcoin mining, scareware/ransomware, id theft, and of course sending more spam.

http://techhelplist.com/index.php/sp...court-nr-virus

This email will iterate through several law firms and court cities.

Before this email was a fake Adobe "thanks for purchasing license" email, essentially same malware attached.

Simply LOOKING at the email is harmless, just don't run the contents of the attachment. (:
    Last edited by techhelplist.com; 12-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.