Thread: Holiday Gift for Lawfully Armed Citizens from Mpls Police/Star Tribune

Holiday Gift for Lawfully Armed Citizens from Mpls Police/Star Tribune

Looks like a lawfully armed citizen saved a shopkeeper from a couple of armed robbers. Nice going,Mr. Dosser!

I don't know which thing I like better, that the MPD spokesman had something nice to say about LACs -OR- that the Star Tribune printed it!

On Wednesday, police spokesman John Elder called Dosser’s actions “a noble thing. He acted honorably. Did this person possibly save [Ahmed’s] life? Absolutely.”

Police generally advise people to call 911 rather than try to stop a crime themselves, and on Wednesday, Elder also warned that having a permit to carry a gun doesn’t let someone act as a police officer.

“The permit system is different, obviously, than having a police officer’s license,” Elder said. “When people get a permit to carry, they are instructed not to intercede into a crime that is occurring. It’s solely for personal protection.”

http://www.startribune.com/local/min...236392921.html

Seasons Greetings!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Reddy View Post
    “The permit system is different, obviously, than having a police officer’s license,” Elder said. “When people get a permit to carry, they are instructed not to intercede into a crime that is occurring. It’s solely for personal protection.”

http://www.startribune.com/local/min...236392921.html

Seasons Greetings!
    That's why the "training" is useless .... IMO

Matt is a friend. I'm glad he, and the store owner are safe with their families tonight.
    Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors