• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Register These Handguns Under New Law?

Tactical_Evo

I read the newsletter that I was linked to in another post, and I'm going to say "yes - these need to be registered as 'assault weapons' per the new CT laws". I think it's insane being that both of these magazines came with the respective firearms pictured and were legally purchased in the state of CT, but I wanted a second opinion...

Are we all in agreement that these should be registered? ...Not only the magazine for the XD, but the semi-auto pistols as 'assault weapons' per the new statues?

Thanks

Reg.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned
Please see Page 10 of the Connecticut Carry Newsletter:
http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download/6c2c1742-6b2b-4e89-8085-b007ef087558

Wouldn't the magazine protruding below the grip classify it as an 'assault weapon'?

CTcarry did a good job with their pamphlet .... where does it say that it the mag protrudes the pistol grip does it make the gun a AW?

I don't see that. It says ...

Semi-automatic pistol
Accepts detachable magazines and at least one:
• The ability to accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol’s grip.
• A threaded barrel
• A barrel shroud (not to include the slide)
• A second handgrip
[or]
Has a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds.

"outside the pistol grip" .. is this your issue? Because your mags do go into the pistol grip ... there are (like AR15 pistols) some that take mags outside the pistol grip ...

Tactical_Evo

Ahhh... So I just misread that. I thought it meant if your magazine isn't flush with the grip it is automatically classified as being outside the grip. Makes sense. Thanks for your help!