• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What did we do wrong?

Dynamike

Picture three type of citizens in our state:

1. The Winners. The good citizens who follow the law and open carry.

2. The Spectators. The average citizens who are sometimes worried about open carry.

3. The Losers. The individuals who travel around to commit crimes.

Why are the Spectators wanting to take away the open carry law? They should feel just as much comfortable when we are around. We want to help, not hurt. Can anybody please explain to me what we did wrong? I just don't get it.

jeeper1

They have been brainwashed by EVIL people.
They are incapable of original thinking.
They are stupid and they vote.
They are mentally defective and they vote.

Take your choice, as many as you want.
There are many more reasons, but I didn't feel like a book.

Primus

They have been brainwashed by EVIL people.
They are incapable of original thinking.
They are stupid and they vote.
They are mentally defective and they vote.

Take your choice, as many as you want.
There are many more reasons, but I didn't feel like a book.

Or maybe they go online to a open carry forum and read that people who open carry think they are defective? Or then go into other threads and see guys on same threads wanting to get rid of police or the entire government.

I think people don't even notice it when they are out and about. Just peruse the open carry experience s threads. A vast majority of the encounters go "walked around no one noticed.". But people do notice the very vocal guys who advocate other things but also happen to open carry.

Alex Jones comes to mind. He advocated for gun rights and is on our side. Yet he jumps on CNN and makes himself look insane. He feeds right into the liberal biased people. That then makes us look bad.

This is not meant as a slight to anyone or anything. Just an observation. We cannot control who represents us. We can only represent ourselves each and every time we carry and hope people remember US being kind courteous and respectful, not the raving lunatics that may lurk amongst us. Hope they remember they saw us walking around being safe and they just heard there was a gun man killing people somewhere else.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fuller Malarkey

~SNIPPED DUE TO RISK OF SPREADING BRAIN CANCER~

This is not meant as a slight to anyone or anything. Just an observation. We cannot control who represents us. We can only represent ourselves each and every time we carry and hope people remember US being kind courteous and respectful, not the raving lunatics that may lurk amongst us. Hope they remember they saw us walking around being safe and they just heard there was a gun man killing people somewhere else.

What's with the "us" and "we"? You don't open carry nor do you support it now, do you?

I seriously doubt anyone here views you as a representative of open carry, or a spokesman for the activity. You are an antagonist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

You don't have to do anything wrong for people to hate you. In fact, one might argue that the more good you do, the more people and the more those people will hate you.

stealthyeliminator

Or maybe they go online to a open carry forum and read that people who open carry think they are defective? Or then go into other threads and see guys on same threads wanting to get rid of police or the entire government.

I think people don't even notice it when they are out and about. Just peruse the open carry experience s threads. A vast majority of the encounters go "walked around no one noticed.". But people do notice the very vocal guys who advocate other things but also happen to open carry.

Alex Jones comes to mind. He advocated for gun rights and is on our side. Yet he jumps on CNN and makes himself look insane. He feeds right into the liberal biased people. That then makes us look bad.

Oh my gosh, I hope you are referring to me :D :D :D :D :D

If so, I think that's my first time being called a raving lunatic. I'm kind of excited about it.

Fuller Malarkey

2. The Spectators. The average citizens who are sometimes worried about open carry.

Why are the Spectators wanting to take away the open carry law? They should feel just as much comfortable when we are around. We want to help, not hurt. Can anybody please explain to me what we did wrong? I just don't get it.

What state are you referring to? There are over a dozen states with a Wayne County. Knowing the state might clarify a few things like current politics, recent crime, reasons open carry is under fire.

If you are referring to a national movement to ban open carry, I think you might want to review recent legislation and pending legislation regarding gains towards recognizing the right to open carry. I see open carry gaining ground rather than losing, especially where Constitutional Carry is on the table.

Fuller Malarkey

This would also include the "FUDDS", "casual" firearm owners who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and do not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment.
They are truly Hoplaphobic regarding an open carried firearm.

You figure out how someone can conclude that you should hide your firearm to protect your right to have a firearm, and you'll have a better understanding of the mentality of some of the opposition. And a large number of those "worried" about open carry are also anti-gun, and nothing short of a nationwide smelter fest fed with our firearms will bring them comfort. "Winning them over"? Unlikely. Win the confidence of the undecided through naturalizing the activity could be our best bet in gaining further support.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Is this thread in the right subforum? I can't figure out why the OPer thinks there is a threat to OC. Does he live in a state where an anti-OC bill is being pushed?

Primus

What's with the "us" and "we"? You don't open carry nor do you support it now, do you?

I seriously doubt anyone here views you as a representative of open carry, or a spokesman for the activity. You are an antagonist. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do to both. I open carry to and from range normally and to or from work. All of those times I'm.not in uniform nor do I show any kind of badge. Just be being Joe citizen going to range to shoot with my gun. I will make a few stops here or there as needed. Usually fuel. I do not go out of my way open carrying such as stores or dinner. I support open carry like I support all firearms ownership. We should be able to if we want to.

Your bashing is proving my point. Your attack is dividing oc vs. Cc. You did this in this thread not me.

I was pointing out that guys who open carry and spout that sandy hook was done by the CIA tends to turn main stream humans off. I think most guys got my drift.

sudden valley gunner

Most spectators are not trying to take away OC. I have experienced a lot more support. The only real hassle I have is a small minority and the local yokels who don't like it.

+1

You don't have to do anything wrong for people to hate you. In fact, one might argue that the more good you do, the more people and the more those people will hate you.

+1, spout truth and you will be called a right wing fascist by the fake left and a progressive democrat from the fake right.

mdak06

This is what comes to mind:

(1) The media (both news and entertainment) and anti-gun organizations have effectively brainwashed people into thinking that guns are an accident waiting to happen, that gun owners are "loose cannons" looking to shoot someone, that arguments between people will escalate into someone getting shot and killed, etc.

(2) A small, but very visible, portion of those who open carry are "in your face" types, who (intentionally or not) scare people because they are perceived as too aggressive and/or confrontational.

(3) Some of those who are unfamiliar with guns fear them (this is somewhat directly related to point #1) ... and while yes, open carry folks do provide additional safety and security for everyone, the spectator's fear of the unknown, supported by the disinformation of the anti-gun crowd, makes them wary of OC.

sudden valley gunner

I do to both. I open carry to and from range normally and to or from work. All of those times I'm.not in uniform nor do I show any kind of badge. Just be being Joe citizen going to range to shoot with my gun. I will make a few stops here or there as needed. Usually fuel. I do not go out of my way open carrying such as stores or dinner. I support open carry like I support all firearms ownership. We should be able to if we want to.

Your bashing is proving my point. Your attack is dividing oc vs. Cc. You did this in this thread not me.

I was pointing out that guys who open carry and spout that sandy hook was done by the CIA tends to turn main stream humans off. I think most guys got my drift.

And you don't think anyone is turned off by your complicit statism and jingoism?

Fuller Malarkey

Snipped
Your attack is dividing oc vs. Cc. You did this in this thread not me.

I made no inference or reference to concealed carry. Again with the lame ass Straw Man. I confronted you on your lies and hypocrisy. One of your first 10 posts stated you did not open carry, nor did you support it. You even mentioned it could cause problems with your job.

Now, we are to believe it is common practice for you, that you are a seasoned open carry advocate and practitioner.

I do not believe much of anything you post.

Last edited:

Whitney

Metal hat required

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It would appear Alex Jones is on the same side of the fence as you and I. Alex has his way and I have mine, we disagree on a lot of things yet the basis of the arguments are the same.

Are you a terrorist or a freedom fighter? (rhetorically speaking, not intended as interrogative)

The differences in answers are mostly philosophic.

~Whitney

Primus

I made no inference or reference to concealed carry. Again with the lame ass Straw Man. I confronted you on your lies and hypocrisy. One of your first 10 posts stated you did not open carry, nor did you support it. You even mentioned it could cause problems with your job.

Now, we are to believe it is common practice for you, that you are a seasoned open carry advocate and practitioner.

I do not believe much of anything you post.

And my recent post confirms that. I explained I o my of to and from range and to and from work. Those are times I'm in regular clothes and my gun is being openly carried. I specified I don't carry openly when going other places. I was very upfront in that regard.

I was also open that I said I support open carry in that you should be able to if you want.

You have an idis my friend with twisting and seeing things you want to.

Primus

And you don't think anyone is turned off by your complicit statism and jingoism?

Is statism a bad thing? Your using like an insult. Every person who believes there should be a government no matter how small they want it to be is a statist. So I guess we are evil?

Primus

This is what comes to mind:

(1) The media (both news and entertainment) and anti-gun organizations have effectively brainwashed people into thinking that guns are an accident waiting to happen, that gun owners are "loose cannons" looking to shoot someone, that arguments between people will escalate into someone getting shot and killed, etc.

(2) A small, but very visible, portion of those who open carry are "in your face" types, who (intentionally or not) scare people because they are perceived as too aggressive and/or confrontational.

(3) Some of those who are unfamiliar with guns fear them (this is somewhat directly related to point #1) ... and while yes, open carry folks do provide additional safety and security for everyone, the spectator's fear of the unknown, supported by the disinformation of the anti-gun crowd, makes them wary of OC.

2. Is exactly what I was referring to. You put it better then I did I guess. Those are the guys that the media quotes and twists against US. Those are the guys they purposely find and post on TV . Like Alex Jones.