Thread: The cowardice of policing

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

The cowardice of policing

This lady always has worthwhile videos to watch. This one is no exception and bears scrutiny in today's climate of overzealous and militarized police departments.

"Message to police"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOsN-P5abVg

"When resistance becomes duty"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1t9xBe0wPw
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member
    Oh, my. John Locke's great15-grand daughter?

Just so we're all clear, its her ideas we're admiring, right?

Fellas?

Right?

Last edited by Citizen; 12-24-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Nah. I've heard her speak. Her words do not impress me. Other features, but not what she says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I don't think it much matters if cops won't do whatever they're told. They'll always be able to find people who will do anything for some federal reserve notes. There are plenty of clueless, powertripping 17-24 years olds who would love nothing more to bash heads in. Every regime uses the youth. In Cambodia, they said Pol Pot was using 10 year olds as foremen, wielding AK's. Then again, if things get really bad, those 18 year old cops will be running back to mommy and daddy with a quickness. Nothing like watching your friend get gutshot to make you realize playing Call of Duty was a lot more fun.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I don't think it much matters if cops won't do whatever they're told. They'll always be able to find people who will do anything for some federal reserve notes. There are plenty of clueless, powertripping 17-24 years olds who would love nothing more to bash heads in. Every regime uses the youth. In Cambodia, they said Pol Pot was using 10 year olds as foremen, wielding AK's. Then again, if things get really bad, those 18 year old cops will be running back to mommy and daddy with a quickness. Nothing like watching your friend get gutshot to make you realize playing Call of Duty was a lot more fun.
    I guess good thing you have to be 21 in MA.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    People should pay attention to what she is saying. A growing number of people are getting fed up with the current system of policing and it being mainly a tool of those grasping for control.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Of course folks should listen to the lunatic fringe and fix potential problems before the fringe becomes the norm!

Make no mistake about it. This woman is fringe!

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Of course folks should listen to the lunatic fringe and fix potential problems before the fringe becomes the norm!

<o>

What makes her fringe? The common sense part? The part where she echoes many of the same sentiments of the founders?

Side note. I find the attempt by both so called conservatives and so called liberals at ad hominem by using words like fringe, extreme, confrontational, etc.......silly, to me it often boils down to not having a counter argument and fear of what they consider to be these things actually becoming the norm.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    (snip)What makes her fringe?...
    The fact that Eye95 does not agree with her. Borg mentality is the only acceptable way!!!

Founder's Club Member
    I think something Josie talks about in the first linked video happened in the story in this thread.

Cop dies in no-knock drug raid for small quantity of drugs: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nock-gone-bad&
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    The fact that Eye95 does not agree with her. Borg mentality is the only acceptable way!!!
    +1, subjective terms meant as pejoratives make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I think something Josie talks about in the first linked video happened in the story in this thread.

Cop dies in no-knock drug raid for small quantity of drugs: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nock-gone-bad&
    Sadly happens all too often or actually sad it happens at all.....

<o>
    +1 Even just by the numbers. Shes good looking. These are videos you watch on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    +1 Even just by the numbers. Shes good looking. These are videos you watch on mute.
    Please don't, actually listen to them, they have many valid points. Might actually learn something that makes you think.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Eye's comment reminds me of the poster from my teen years that says:

Look at how many people and ideas eye puts down because he either doesn't agree with them OR maybe he just doesn't understand them. "??"
    You do realize that you and SVG and PPM, all three, just did that?

Moving on.
    Last edited by eye95; 12-26-2013 at 06:29 AM.

You do realize that you and SVG and PPM, all three, just did that?

Moving on.
    Pointing out your modus operandi is not the same as using it.

Mister Eye95 just does not suffer fools gladly (the cross-eyed bear).

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Please don't, actually listen to them, they have many valid points. Might actually learn something that makes you think.
    +1 She makes good points in all of her videos. Well worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Pointing out your modus operandi is not the same as using it.
    Yup. Nobody "put [anybody] down" except eye. The rest were making entreaties for consideration.