• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Govenor Admits New Law Didn't Work

Augustin

Just two days after the terrible shooting at Arapahoe High School, Hickenlooper admitted on public TV that the new gun ban law didn't prevent the shooting. Geeee, I thought that this unconstitutional law which mandated universal background checks and limited magazine capacity to 15 rounds was passed to prevent these kind of mass shootings. So it didn't work, yet this thug of a governor still claims we are now safer because of the new law. Sorry, Hickenlooper - guns with hi-cap mags (i.e., normal capacity mags) is what makes ME feel safe. After all, it was a cop with a high-capacity mag that kept the death toll of this tragedy less than it might have been. Guns save lives!

"Anti-Gun Colorado Governor Admits Gun Control Laws Did Nothing to Stop High School Shooting

Thursday, December 26, 2013 16:13

It seems like there has been a never ending attack on Americans right to bear arms.

Although there has been the ever looming threat of abolishing the second amendment by the Obama administration and his zombie like followers, the anti-gunners have really picked up the pace since the tragedy, in Dec. of 2012, at Sandy Hook elementary school.

No matter how many facts the anti-gunners are presented with and no matter that the numbers prove that gun control is not only unproductive, but in most cases, has the reverse effect, they still believe that disarming the American people will make us all safer.

Well according to the staunch anti-gun Colorado Governor, gun control does NOT work.

Full article here:

http://www.resistthetyranny.com/ant...aws-did-nothing-to-stop-high-school-shooting/

--Moderator note: Fair Use Quote does not mean quoting the entire article except for the last tiny paragraph--

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now when is he going to take the blame?

The state basically requires the kids to be there.

The state can set building codes (though $$).

The state choose not to.

Kids died.

Dooon't blame the governor?

Pish-posh....

SteveInCO

If memory serves, Hickenlooper wasn't all that enthusiastic about gun control but was instead swept up in the hysteria (and had been browbeaten by Biden and Bloomberg). I think he went along with it primarily out of a sense of partisan solidarity, and of course now he's refusing to admit a mistake, he's now invested in it having signed the bill. He did seem a wee bit nervous when the recalls happened. So I don't (quite) believe he is staunch anti gun unless he becomes so out of an unwillingness to admit he shouldn't have gone along.

It would be interesting to see what he'd do with a bill to repeal that landed on his desk. But it won't, since such a bill will simply be assigned to a kill committee. (I do expect Herpin and Rivera to offer such a bill.)

Last edited:

Saxxon

I don't think it was an issue he wanted to pursue on his own either. However, he jumped on the bandwagon and pushed it over the cliff with his signature. After a de-facto pardon of the Chucky Cheese killer, and signing into law the one that let Evan Ebel slip loose to kill his best friend the head of Corrections, I think its time he retired.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't think it was an issue he wanted to pursue on his own either. However, he jumped on the bandwagon and pushed it over the cliff with his signature. After a de-facto pardon of the Chucky Cheese killer, and signing into law the one that let Evan Ebel slip loose to kill his best friend the head of Corrections, I think its time he retired.
Jack Ebal, Evan Ebal's father, recommended Tom Clements to Hickenlopper. Don't think either of the Ebals were a "best friend" of Clements - most assuredly not Evan Ebal.

That and the new law was signed days after Ebal was paroled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clements_(public_official)

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23947814/evan-ebel-may-have-killed-clements-repay-favor

Last edited:

Saxxon

I was referring to Clements being Chickenpooper's best friend, not Ebel's.

And so he signed the law days after, that actually makes it worse then doesn't it. He should have been rethinking the whole affair.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
And so he signed the law days after, that actually makes it worse then doesn't it. He should have been rethinking the whole affair.
Really? What are the options for the governor when a bill is presented for signature in Colorado?

IMO, we gain nothing in attacking the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Throw the bums out for their ideology or for back room deals - not for following what the law demands of them.

since9

Campaign Veteran
While I'm glad he came clean, the situation is almost as brilliantly brain-dead as Pelosi's, "We have to pass it so we'll know what's in it."

The first priority of our elected politicians is to PROTECT THE PEOPLE. You don't do that by passing idealistic legislation that contradicts basic human nature while flying in the face of all common sense and historical observation. That's way beyond foolish. It's recklessly negligent, if not endangering.

As flooding became a serious issue last summer, let's use it as an example. Flood control gates and spillways allow engineers to divert the water from rapidly rising rivers and streams either around, through, or over a dam. This prevents them from getting so high they wash out the dam itself. Downstream, this can get a bit scary. Even a little dangerous. However, would a politician vote to prohibit the use of flood gates and spillways just because it scares a few folks downstream? Heck no! Doing so would risk loosing the dam altogether, and the resulting catastrophic flood would wash out much of the downstream area. Lives would be lost.

The gun control measures passed a year ago here in Colorado are much the same thing. It was a political attempt to appease some fears held by a minority, at the expense of the majority being able to do what they do best: Deter and stop crime by means of an uninfringed right to keep and bear arms.

Our Founding Fathers weren't stupid, but Hickenlooper sure was. Our Founding Fathers knew that any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms would become a slippery slope of progressively greater restrictions until the right no longer existed at all. They also knew the most effective way to deter crime was to deter and stop crime in its tracks at the level where it occurs, with the People. What chance does the 2% criminal element have against the People when the People are armed? Little to none. Most criminals know this, which is why it's such an effective deterrent in areas where ownership and carry is ubiquitous. The converse is also true, as evidenced by the highest crime rates occurring in areas where carrying, even ownership has long been prohibited.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, however, we continue to see a never-ending parade of idealistic, "progressive" imbeciles who can't fathom that someone born a few years earlier than themselves were actually a good deal more knowledgeable about human nature.

Heaven help me that I should ever tell our governor his job! Ok, I will: Hickenlooper's JOB is to use his experience and savvy to provide that check and balance against feel-good "group think" legislation. It's his JOB to look at it, conclude "Not only will this not accomplish ANY of it's stated goals, but it infringes on the right to keep and bear arms," and VETO it. The law significantly hamstrings law-abiding citizens from being able to respond to the criminal threat in whatever manner is most appropriate.

I am sick and tired of people electing these idiotic politicians who get into office before they start playing around with everything like it was their first chemistry set. That's NOT your job. Protect the People - THAT'S your job.

Really? What are the options for the governor when a bill is presented for signature in Colorado?

Option A: Sign

Option B: Veto

IMO, we gain nothing in attacking the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Throw the bums out for their ideology or for back room deals - not for following what the law demands of them.

It was either Hickenlooper's "ideology or ... back room deals" which lead him to sign it, instead of vetoing it. The law doesn't demand he do one thing or the other. It demands he use his education and experience to protect the people. He didn't. Therefore, he violated the law, by not protecting the people. He also violated it explicitly, as phrased in both the U.S. and Colorado State Constitutions: "Shall not be infringed."

After we successfully recalled (one quit before recalled) the two mental turds who pushed this legislation, you can well imagine we're on the war path to throw as many of these bums out of office as humanly possible. Our country would be a LOT better off if the rest of America did the same.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Admitting "it" is not the same as doing something about "it", which does not require any admitting to begin with. This year's voting will be interesting. How many folks, the liberal anti-gun folks, are there in Denver again?

since9

Campaign Veteran
If your definition of "people" means themselves and the definition of "protect" means to grab as much $$$ as possible while in office...then I agree 100%.

Actually, I was referring to the definition as mentioned by our Founding Fathers. :)

I think they'd take strong exception to the way governments run both our states and the fed today.

Last edited: