• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Governor has a new budget plan...

Stretch

http://theolympiareport.com/inslees-budget-includes-little-noticed-gun-control-provision/

…“$409,000 of the general fund (on a) state appropriation (to fund) seven temporary staff to eliminate the firearm-transfer backlog of 144,000 documents by June 30, 2015. The department shall convene a work group to develop a report on making the firearms program a fee-recovery program. The work group must examine changes including but not limited to making firearm-transfer reporting mandatory, charging a fee for firearms transfer recording, and recommending cost-recovery methods to keep up with demand.”

Sent by a Droid you aren't looking for.

Dave_pro2a

Ahh .gov.

Do something they can't afford.
Use that to justify raising taxes.

Obamacare! Err I mean Gun Control!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Firearms_Registry#Cost_overruns
"Taxpayers were originally expected to pay only $2 million of the budget while registration fees would cover the rest. In 1995, the Department of Justice reported to Parliament that the system would cost $119 million to implement, and that the income generated from licensing fees would be $117 million. This gives a net cost of $2 million. At the time of the 2002 audit, however, the revised estimates from the Department of Justice were that the cost of the program would be more than $1 billion by 2004-05 and that the income from licence fees in the same period would be $140 million."