Thread: Bianchi model 75 (Venom)

Bianchi model 75 (Venom)

I picked this holster up last night for my new XDm 3.8 and man is it a tight fit. When I first puy the pistol in the slide moved back about a half an inch. Is this normal for leather holsters to be that tight?

I can't really say what's normal for leather holsters. I've purchased two of them. The Bianchi OWB was tight, but essentially fit perfectly. The Galco shoulder holster was overly tight. It was suggested to put the pistol in a ziploc bag before inserting it into the holster and letting it sit overnight. Seemed to do the trick.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Seems awful tight to me are use sure you have the proper one.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Yup, have the right one. It will fit but I have to hold the slide to keep it from sliding up. Its in the holster right now in a zip lock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leather has a natural stretch. If the holster were the exact, proper fit upon first purchase then it would likely stretch out of shape as it wore in. Resist any ideas about wetting down the holster with neatsfoot oil, alcohol, gin, vermouth or anything else.
    It will wear in as you use it, so.... practice, practice, practice.
    (You might put a few shiny spots on your gun though.)
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 12-27-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. Left it in the holster overnight with the pistol in a baggie. Goes in no problems now. Still a tight draw. I will have to practice with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk