• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bianchi model 75 (Venom)

DamnYankeeOk

I picked this holster up last night for my new XDm 3.8 and man is it a tight fit. When I first puy the pistol in the slide moved back about a half an inch. Is this normal for leather holsters to be that tight?

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I can't really say what's normal for leather holsters. I've purchased two of them. The Bianchi OWB was tight, but essentially fit perfectly. The Galco shoulder holster was overly tight. It was suggested to put the pistol in a ziploc bag before inserting it into the holster and letting it sit overnight. Seemed to do the trick.

DamnYankeeOk

Yup, have the right one. It will fit but I have to hold the slide to keep it from sliding up. Its in the holster right now in a zip lock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fallschirjmäger

Leather has a natural stretch. If the holster were the exact, proper fit upon first purchase then it would likely stretch out of shape as it wore in. Resist any ideas about wetting down the holster with neatsfoot oil, alcohol, gin, vermouth or anything else.
It will wear in as you use it, so.... practice, practice, practice.
(You might put a few shiny spots on your gun though.)

Last edited:

DamnYankeeOk

Thanks for the feedback. Left it in the holster overnight with the pistol in a baggie. Goes in no problems now. Still a tight draw. I will have to practice with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk