Thread: WalkingWolf, Wishing you all the best with your recovery!

WalkingWolf, Wishing you all the best with your recovery!

I put this in the Social Lounge, as this forum is social for me. Through our interactions, I have developed respect, mutual interests and concerns for many here. One that has stood out to me and I look forward to finding here is WalkingWolf. So I pay attention to his posts. This post of his caught my eye, and recalling it today, I thought I'd bring it back and see if others would join me in wishing a full, strong and speedy recovery.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2016580

"The 27th of this month I will be getting a taser placed under my chest with wires leading to my heart, to in case of abnormal rhythm to shock the heart back to normal. They will also be putting a pacemaker in at the same time, hopefully, depends on the size of my veins."

Give yourself whatever gifts of time and rest you need to feel better and know that youre surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers and heartfelt wishes. Rest easy. Get well. Return soon.
    Last edited by Fuller Malarkey; 12-27-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: speling are hard
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Best of luck in your recovery.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Ah, good catch! I remember that too and didn't even think to keep it in mind. You truly are a good person!

Wish ya a speedy recovery you ornery coot!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Please accept my best wishes for a full recovery also. And Fuller's suggestion to take all the time you need is a good one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Best wishes and prayers!
    Advocate freedom please

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Good luck.

Centurion
    Remember to not lift that left arm for a while as you don't want to dislodge the wires leading to your heart nor the pacer/defibrillator generator from its placement.

Does seem a bit disingenuous to compare such a sophisticated piece of medical equipment with its myriad safety systems built in with a simple taser that is simply a dumb tool operated at times by other dumb tools just because they can (when used inappropriately) or LEO's and others in self-defense when justified.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 12-28-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Be well Wolf.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

All the best for a speedy recovery WW..

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Do what the medicos tell you - rest and recover.

We'll keep the light on for you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I just got home today. Kinda sore, but not too bad.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I just got home today. Kinda sore, but not too bad.
    Excellent, welcome back.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Glad it worked out well for you

take care and recover quickly.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Glad the procedure went well. Best of luck with all.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery and all works as planed.

Glad to hear you made it out safely. BTDT twice now - wondering which will last longer this time, me or the new battery.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Glad to hear you made it out safely. BTDT twice now - wondering which will last longer this time, me or the new battery.

stay safe.
    Yes.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I trimmed a tree once ... right onto the high voltage lines .... now that was a zap ....

And cut live 120v lines many times ... bzzzz ouch

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Ah, good catch! I remember that too and didn't even think to keep it in mind... Wish ya a speedy recovery...
    Me, too.

Now, WW, be sure to instantly comply with all demands that you might make on yourself. Wouldn't wanta taser yourself, y'know.

(I hope the soreness goes away in good time.)
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.