• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WalkingWolf, Wishing you all the best with your recovery!

Fuller Malarkey

I put this in the Social Lounge, as this forum is social for me. Through our interactions, I have developed respect, mutual interests and concerns for many here. One that has stood out to me and I look forward to finding here is WalkingWolf. So I pay attention to his posts. This post of his caught my eye, and recalling it today, I thought I'd bring it back and see if others would join me in wishing a full, strong and speedy recovery.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ch-s-Opinion&p=2016580&viewfull=1#post2016580

"The 27th of this month I will be getting a taser placed under my chest with wires leading to my heart, to in case of abnormal rhythm to shock the heart back to normal. They will also be putting a pacemaker in at the same time, hopefully, depends on the size of my veins."

Give yourself whatever gifts of time and rest you need to feel better and know that youre surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers and heartfelt wishes. Rest easy. Get well. Return soon.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Ah, good catch! I remember that too and didn't even think to keep it in mind. You truly are a good person!

Wish ya a speedy recovery you ornery coot! :lol:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Please accept my best wishes for a full recovery also. And Fuller's suggestion to take all the time you need is a good one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

JoeSparky

Centurion
Remember to not lift that left arm for a while as you don't want to dislodge the wires leading to your heart nor the pacer/defibrillator generator from its placement.

Does seem a bit disingenuous to compare such a sophisticated piece of medical equipment with its myriad safety systems built in with a simple taser that is simply a dumb tool operated at times by other dumb tools just because they can (when used inappropriately) or LEO's and others in self-defense when justified.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Glad to hear you made it out safely. BTDT twice now - wondering which will last longer this time, me or the new battery.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ah, good catch! I remember that too and didn't even think to keep it in mind... Wish ya a speedy recovery...

Me, too.

Now, WW, be sure to instantly comply with all demands that you might make on yourself. Wouldn't wanta taser yourself, y'know. :D

(I hope the soreness goes away in good time.)

Last edited: