• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

want to know who paints handicapped symbols on parking spaces? - This guy...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Go ahead and make your jokes while you can. One day you may find yourself circling the parking lot.

Admittedly the video was humerous.

stay safe.

Brace

Speak for your self.

Socrates said:
The Delphic oracle said I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.

Popper said:
Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.

Popper said:
Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.

JS Mill said:
He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion... Nor is it enough that he should hear the opinions of adversaries from his own teachers, presented as they state them, and accompanied by what they offer as refutations. He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

JS Mill said:
Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think…

Voltaire said:
Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste.

Ayn Rand said:
When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.

Old English Proverb said:
Who can give water to the horse that will not drink of its own accord?

Sure. I will speak for myself, and count myself in good company. :lol:

Last edited:

OC for ME

Sure. I will speak for myself, and count myself in good company. :lol:
None of the above quoted folks addressed speaking for other folks. You took the occasion to speak for other folks when not invited to do so. If I had wanted you to speak for me I would have invited you to do so.