Thread: New laws prevent government destruction of weapons and registration of gun owners?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

New laws prevent government destruction of weapons and registration of gun owners?

Came across this article on Facebook, found it pretty interesting!

I wish Texas would follow suit! (But let's start by following suit with open carry, lol)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...law-on-monday/
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Came across this article on Facebook, found it pretty interesting! I wish Texas would follow suit! (But let's start by following suit with open carry, lol)
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...law-on-monday/
    Article is from April 2013 on an AzCDL-requested bill.

And, open carry is legal is Arizona. Assume you're talking about Texas? Love to see that happen. it's one of the many states I've lived in. Hated to leave.

By the way, Texas could us a "CDL" type organization big time. Two have tried, TCDL and LSCDL (Lone Star) but eventually folded their tent. If you have someone willing to spend their days at the legislature in Austin and willing to start an organization, please contact me offline at treasurer@azcdl.org.

Fred

Gun 'buyback' programs are the silliest thing I've ever heard of. There is no logical way in my mind that a program such as this would actually stem the tide of criminals acquiring firearms to commit crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Gun 'buyback' programs are the silliest thing I've ever heard of. There is no logical way in my mind that a program such as this would actually stem the tide of criminals acquiring firearms to commit crimes.
    Valid point! They were never meant to. They are meant to take firearms out of the hands of lawful owners while bolstering the propaganda of "if you give up your guns, you'll be safer!" Which is a complete falsehood. If every law abiding citizen carried a side arm openly, I bet we'd see a near 80% drop in violent crime. Why? Bad guys want to LIVE too.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-01-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi