• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New laws prevent government destruction of weapons and registration of gun owners?

azcdlfred

Came across this article on Facebook, found it pretty interesting! I wish Texas would follow suit! (But let's start by following suit with open carry, lol)
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...iz-gov-jan-brewer-signed-a-gun-law-on-monday/
Article is from April 2013 on an AzCDL-requested bill.

And, open carry is legal is Arizona. Assume you're talking about Texas? Love to see that happen. it's one of the many states I've lived in. Hated to leave.

By the way, Texas could us a "CDL" type organization big time. Two have tried, TCDL and LSCDL (Lone Star) but eventually folded their tent. If you have someone willing to spend their days at the legislature in Austin and willing to start an organization, please contact me offline at treasurer@azcdl.org.

Fred

teddyearp

Gun 'buyback' programs are the silliest thing I've ever heard of. There is no logical way in my mind that a program such as this would actually stem the tide of criminals acquiring firearms to commit crimes.

FreeInAZ

Gun 'buyback' programs are the silliest thing I've ever heard of. There is no logical way in my mind that a program such as this would actually stem the tide of criminals acquiring firearms to commit crimes.

Valid point! They were never meant to. They are meant to take firearms out of the hands of lawful owners while bolstering the propaganda of "if you give up your guns, you'll be safer!" Which is a complete falsehood. If every law abiding citizen carried a side arm openly, I bet we'd see a near 80% drop in violent crime. Why? Bad guys want to LIVE too. ;)

Last edited: