• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toby Keith has a restaurant I'll not patronize

2a4all

The insurance thing is what bothering me. It almost seems like they are taking liability for safety since they want guns banned. Hey are so worried they will be sued if someone carries in there why shouldn't they be sued if something happens because it is posted now.
If an insurance company insists that a one of its insureds implement a "no gun" policy as a condition of coverage, and a patron is injured as a result of another individual violating said policy (e.g. an armed robber), then the injured person would have a claim against the establishment, which the insurance carrier would likely cover (and require the appropriate police reports etc. were filed). The "posting" would have little bearing on the claim. And yes, the shooter would also be liable, etc.

OTH, if an insurance carrier didn't require such a policy, and the same thing happened, they might be successful in refuting a claim, foisting the liability off on the owner as "not maintaining a safe environment". All of those policies require the insured to "...take reasonable precautions...", and the insured doesn't get to define that term. He only gets to argue it in court.

As to the injured patron claiming the "posting" contributed to the crime and getting compensation, good luck with that.

Bottom line, if you think a place is unsafe, don't go there.

JohnM15A

Stopped by Wegmans to buy some groceries and on my way back through the center of Stonebridge I stopped at Toby's to take a picture of his dress code. Also talked with a channel 7 camera man waiting for his reporter to show. He said that they were doing a piece on Toby's gun policy...
ga3ypuba.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not even Uncle Sam's Motorcycle Club? Wonder how that would look on TV.

Problem is, the other sign would make them walk away before being able to see if the patch would get them thrown out.

stay safe.

blade10

I could see gang insignias or something. What about "Christian Motorcycle Group " and similar? He might as well put up a sign that says "No rednecks, no city slickers, no Country folks, and no purple people eaters!"

It is not about his rights to me, it's about the failure to support the Constitution. No one who fully supports the Constitution would have such an asinine s sign...

Blade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Toby Keith's doesn't want guns in their joint. "Corporate dress code".

Route 1 has changed a bit from the days when Hillbilly Heaven was the sh_t. They had a sign out front that said "Not responsible for life or limb", and I observed the sale of a belt fed rifle in the parking lot.

JohnM15A

Toby Keith's doesn't want guns in their joint. "Corporate dress code".

Route 1 has changed a bit from the days when Hillbilly Heaven was the sh_t. They had a sign out front that said "Not responsible for life or limb", and I observed the sale of a belt fed rifle in the parking lot.

And that was in Fairfax County!!! When I moved to Woodbridge trucks outnumbers cars and every truck had a gun rack, what happened???

WalkingWolf

I could see gang insignias or something. What about "Christian Motorcycle Group " and similar? He might as well put up a sign that says "No rednecks, no city slickers, no Country folks, and no purple people eaters!"

It is not about his rights to me, it's about the failure to support the Constitution. No one who fully supports the Constitution would have such an asinine s sign...

Blade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TK bar(not owned by him) is a yuppie, Yankee, redneck wannabe place. Like anti gunners like to profess they are NRA members, Yankees like to pretend they are not Yankees by hanging out in yuppie(supposed) country places.

The bar is as country as a country bar in NYC. :lol::lol::lol:

nousdefions794

And that was in Fairfax County!!! When I moved to Woodbridge trucks outnumbers cars and every truck had a gun rack, what happened???
Too many liberals from failing cities moved to the area. As Jefferson once said: "I view great cities as pestilential to the morals, the health, and the liberties of man."

wimwag

I wouldnt go there anyways. Can't stand country. No gun sign? It's ok, I have a smoker on my porch. I prefer eating without having to listen to that one loud guy laugh at the top of his lungs.

Shovelhead

The Hells Angels, Pagans, Outlaws, Banditos and the all other 3-piece-patch organizations are motorcycle CLUBS, not motorcycle groups.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I guess they don't respect our first amendment rights any more than our second amendment rights....

Roscoe

Dear sweet and fluffy shivering shiva! How many times are we going to need to go over this?

ONLY the government is precluded by the Constitution from doing certain things about controlling your speech or your keeping and bearing of arms. Private businesses can do just about anything they want to.

How about we start using the term "fundamental rights" or "civil rights" as opposed to First or Second Amendment Rights when dealing with not-the-government? If nothing else it will keep my blood pressure at a much lower level.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Dear sweet and fluffy shivering shiva! How many times are we going to need to go over this?

ONLY the government is precluded by the Constitution from doing certain things about controlling your speech or your keeping and bearing of arms. Private businesses can do just about anything they want to.

How about we start using the term "fundamental rights" or "civil rights" as opposed to First or Second Amendment Rights when dealing with not-the-government? If nothing else it will keep my blood pressure at a much lower level.

stay safe.

I knew what he meant.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran

stay safe.

Off your meds again?