• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"THE BARBERS" barber shop is a gun free zone

CitizenJohn

“THE BARBERS” is a barber shop that I frequent with locations in Washington and Oregon. They do not display any firearms signage on any of the locations I have visited.

On December 22, 2013 I posted the following question on their website (thebarbersonline.com): “What is your corporate policy concerning private citizens (customers) openly carrying a holstered pistol on your premises? Is the policy different for citizens in Washington vs. Oregon?”

The same date, I received the following reply: “It's the same in all Barbers locations, we are a gun free establishment. Thank you for inquiring.
Don and Alison Lovell
Owners"

JustaShooter

:banghead:
Why would you do that? If the locations are not posted then their policy is to allow legally-armed patrons. Now you are under notice that they are a gun-free establishment and cannot enter if armed.

The "Don't call and ask" rule needs to be amended to "don't ask period" I think. :banghead:

CitizenJohn

:banghead:
Why would you do that? If the locations are not posted then their policy is to allow legally-armed patrons. Now you are under notice that they are a gun-free establishment and cannot enter if armed.

The "Don't call and ask" rule needs to be amended to "don't ask period" I think. :banghead:

So in your opinion: IF I had been asked to leave, THEN contacted corporate with the SAME response, THAT would have made it OK vs. my approach? I disagree.

That I should consider myself trespassed (for carry purposes) ... I disagree also. There exists no connection with the question and the person for any actionable LE response.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

congrats for spamming the forum with two identical threads with identical responses to you dumb move!

someday, when you grow up, you may understand why you dont call and ask for the policy.
I wont waste my time trying to explain it to you.