Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Buying ammo in Canada?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Buying ammo in Canada?

    Sorry if this is an off topic post.

    I am heading up to BC for a couple of days. Buddy of mine up there said that there is .22 aplenty up there. What issues might I face purchasing a bunch and bringing it back here to Seattle for personal use? Is there a permit or something I need to bring it back over the boarder? Does it need to go through a FFL?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    From what I understand, to be able to buy ammunition in Canada you will need a Canadian "PAL" or Possession and Acquisition License.

    Then to import into the U.S. you will need to contact the ATF for the proper red tape forms etc.

    You should go to the CANADA open carry forum and ask. Then contact the ATF to see how much KY jelly you will need to get back into the good ol' USA.
    Last edited by Bill45; 12-28-2013 at 10:41 PM.

  3. #3
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    It shall be unlawful for any person other than an FFL, knowingly to import, or bring into the
    United States, any firearms or ammunition. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(1).

    According to the ATF...
    An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting ammunition (excluding
    armor-piercing, tracer, or incendiary ammunition) and firearm parts (other than frames,
    receivers, firearm barrels, or barreled actions) without engaging the services of an FFL,
    provided the items are for personal use and not for resale.
    Page 3 Item#7

    ATF F 5330.3A (Form 6, Part I) - Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms,
    Ammunition, and Implements of War
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 12-28-2013 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ok, roger that. No ammo buying for me. Have to get in line at Wally World like everyone else. Thanks for the info.

  5. #5
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010

  6. #6
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    Then contact the ATF to see how much KY jelly you will need to get back into the good ol' USA.
    You'd probably need a license for the KY too.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Whatcom County
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You'd probably need a license for the KY too.
    It would help if you run into Texas cops.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts