• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Those cop baiters are at it again...

stealthyeliminator

Now that you're here, relax :D

"We had a huge success today at the CATI-Austin event. We had 18 people attend and 1 dog, 5 first timers new to open carry, and we had 6 going phase 2 with black powder revolvers. Nothing but positive interactions. We had so much fun the event lasted 7 hours. Businesses welcomed us in all over giving discounts. One business owner says she will now be open carrying in her business as a crime deterrent. We could not walk 10 feet at a time due to people wanting to take photos. About 6 hours in to our walk we had a police encounter with Austin P.D. and it was awesome (footage to be released) This officer could not stop smiling and said his job is safer because of what we are doing. If you have not made it out to a Austin event you are missing out on a lot of fun. CATI-Austin does its walks the last Saturday of each month."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...490.1073741829.575308379185043&type=1&theater

Last edited:

mustangkiller

Nice, let me know when you guys set something up near Corpus. The drive to Austin is tough with my schedule.

Maverick9

FYI they get around the no OC in Texas by carrying black powder, pre-1899 handguns. (or long guns). We met a guy at the outdoor range who was shooting two of them and he let us take a turn. This was two Summers ago.

Last edited:

half_life1052

I start my new job the 6th. I will be local to the Austin area on the 2nd or 3rd. I look forward to meeting up with you folks. It will feel strange carrying a long gun in place of a pistol (I will miss that about VA).

Augustin

"We had a huge success today at the CATI-Austin event.

(snipped)

About 6 hours in to our walk we had a police encounter with Austin P.D. and it was awesome (footage to be released) This officer could not stop smiling and said his job is safer because of what we are doing.

That is AWESOME news! Its good to hear that the cops have possibly backed off on arresting legal OCers for with criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, etc.

I look forward to viewing your film.

stealthyeliminator

Well, not my film, I wasn't there. But you're right, it is encouraging to see such progress. Unfortunately it is still very hit and miss. You may oc in one city without issue, then drive down the highway and try to oc and be felony stopped and booked on a myriad of fake charges