Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View From The Porch weighs in on OCing - again

View From The Porch weighs in on OCing - again

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...ike-dorks.html The link to the post Tamara goes off about from the NOVA section is in that article.

Seems we can't do anything right - in your face is too much and quietly going about our business is too much, too.

This is NOT a call for anybody to go to Tam's site and start commenting all over the place. For one thing, her mind is already made up. For another,, she will turn it on OCing to score more points for "see what whack-job loons they are".

So why, you ask, am I posting about this? Fair question. IMHO we need to be aware of these "friends of RKBA". I'd say more about them but it would all get moderated. Just remember, when the S hits the F we will be on our own unless we figure out how to form coalitions without compromising principles. Right now it seems we are just as unwilling to do so as THEY [for all values of THEY] are.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Agree!!

unless we figure out how to form coalitions without compromising principles.
    We can, and it is not as hard as you may think. I know many of us argue over meaningless differences, but I believe almost all of us (I hope) would massage and tweak our specific beliefs to achieve a STRONG, UNYIELDING, PRO 2ND AMENDMENT MESSAGE. As you say, skidmark, stay safe.

To be honest, if I saw somebody riding their Segway around Giant, well...let's just say it wouldn't leave me with a good impression of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
    To be honest, if I saw somebody riding their Segway around Giant, well...let's just say it wouldn't leave me with a good impression of them.
    But we are required to tolerate body modifications as a meaningless difference? Sorry, a Segway rider can step away from his gaucheness. Thank GOoDness for our First Amendment Right of Free Association, even if it dooms someone's coalition.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That is the wonderful thing about America, at least for now, nobody should care what a stranger's opinion is...

Just FYI, people often call the handicapped scooter a segway, and not only are some of our members disabled, some may very well make use of one while open carrying. The person that wrote that piece is a idiot!

If it comes to the point I cannot get around on foot, I would use a "segway" while open carrying, and the anti numpties can just BUGGER OFF!

Do you not have good impressions of the handicapped?
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Do you view people who drive those little electric scooters around in Giant the same way??

(Hint: The guy on the Segway could have been handicapped....)

Edit: WW... you beat me to it. We must have been typing at the same time.
    Last edited by Blk97F150; 12-29-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Do you view people who drive those little electric scooters around in Giant the same way??

(Hint: The guy on the Segway could have been handicapped....)
    If it was in NC, before August it was probably ME! Before my open heart surgery I was using the store's segways. I am amazed at the ignorance of some people. You would think there was no proper education in this country.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    If it was in NC, before August it was probably ME! Before my open heart surgery I was using the store's segways. I am amazed at the ignorance of some people. You would think there was no proper education in this country.
    Some just don't think. A few years back a buddy of mine was here visiting. We went to a store in his vehicle and parked in a handicapped spot (he has a hang tag). We barely got out of the vehicle when some guy yelled "you don't look handicapped to me!". Without saying a word, my buddy turned his back on the guy and raised his shirt up... revealing the scars of numerous back surgeries (the result of a broken back in the military)... and replied "You were saying?". The guy apologized meekly... and wandered off. I think that guy may have had good intentions, but he sure wasn't thinking.

Listen, we don't win hearts and minds by derp. It's easy to compartmentalize us as wackos when we're accompanied by wackos (and we've got more than a few among us). Folks aren't going to realize we're normal people by listening to our compatriots who say, "Hey, I'm just like you, except I carry a gun. Oh, and I ride a Segway through the grocery store."

Listen, we don't win hearts and minds by derp. It's easy to compartmentalize us as wackos when we're accompanied by wackos (and we've got more than a few among us). Folks aren't going to realize we're normal people by listening to our compatriots who say, "Hey, I'm just like you, except I carry a gun. Oh, and I ride a Segway through the grocery store."
    You have something against handicapped shopping, or open carrying?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Centurion
    Some, will tell you that you have the right and ability to get your Model T in any color you want AS LONG AS IT IS BLACK!

Personally, IF you want a black Model T, then get a Black Model T!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

So, you're willfully misrepresenting the circumstances to "win" a point? I guess if you want to take a page out of the anti's playbook, that's your prerogative.

So, you're willfully misrepresenting the circumstances to "win" a point? I guess if you want to take a page out of the anti's playbook, that's your prerogative.
    I am not the one who is ignorant of disabilities and the use of handicapped carts in grocery stores. The remark you made was clearly bigoted slap at the handicapped!

I don't give two poops about winning a point. What I do care about is some finger pointing numpty who is to dense to understand the reality of life.

It was YOUR post OWN it!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I am not the one who is ignorant of disabilities and the use of handicapped carts in grocery stores. The remark you made was clearly bigoted slap at the handicapped!

I don't give two poops about winning a point. What I do care about is some finger pointing numpty who is to dense to understand the reality of life.

It was YOUR post OWN it!
    But you apparently give two poops about making stuff up, since this was never about disabilities until somebody digressed from the post under discussion.

Oh, and name-calling appears to be a part of your debate toolkit, too. If you have to lie to make your point, then you've already lost.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Gentlemen, if you please - let's start the new year right.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'd be glad to, Grapeshot, but I can't let false accusations stand without rebuttal.

Hey dude. Segway riders have the same right of way as pedestrians. Try one. They're awesome. Lean it against a rock to park it.

Walkingwolf, have you played basketball on one yet?
    Last edited by wimwag; 01-02-2014 at 02:21 AM.

A man without a Segway is like a fish without a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    A man without a Segway is like a fish without a bicycle.

So how do you like your Segway?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

So how do you like your Segway?
    No Segway, but I have these...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001b7e94_medium.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11071

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    No Segway, but I have these...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001b7e94_medium.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11071
    We both need coffee this morning

I propose a Segway subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Hey dude. Segway riders have the same right of way as pedestrians. Try one. They're awesome. Lean it against a rock to park it.

Walkingwolf, have you played basketball on one yet?
    I haven't shot hoops in years, last time I think the ticker still was going full tilt.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I'd be glad to, Grapeshot, but I can't let false accusations stand without rebuttal.
    I quoted your post exactly as you posted it. That is not a false accusation. The fact that many with disabilities use those carts while shopping and your attempt to slight their use stands on it's own.

Own what you post!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I propose a Segway subforum.
    We have had several threads telling how one should dress, how one should be groomed, what kind of shoes, what kind of holster, they were all disasters for bigots, as freedom is not about pointing fingers at other people. That is what anitis do, it seems there are are anti handicapped folks out there also.

Not to forget the cartridge size wars.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast