• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

View From The Porch weighs in on OCing - again

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2013/12/they-look-like-dorks.html The link to the post Tamara goes off about from the NOVA section is in that article.

Seems we can't do anything right - in your face is too much and quietly going about our business is too much, too.

This is NOT a call for anybody to go to Tam's site and start commenting all over the place. For one thing, her mind is already made up. For another,, she will turn it on OCing to score more points for "see what whack-job loons they are".

So why, you ask, am I posting about this? Fair question. IMHO we need to be aware of these "friends of RKBA". I'd say more about them but it would all get moderated. Just remember, when the S hits the F we will be on our own unless we figure out how to form coalitions without compromising principles. Right now it seems we are just as unwilling to do so as THEY [for all values of THEY] are.

stay safe.

fjpro2a

Agree!!

unless we figure out how to form coalitions without compromising principles.
We can, and it is not as hard as you may think. I know many of us argue over meaningless differences, but I believe almost all of us (I hope) would massage and tweak our specific beliefs to achieve a STRONG, UNYIELDING, PRO 2ND AMENDMENT MESSAGE. As you say, skidmark, stay safe.

TexasNative

To be honest, if I saw somebody riding their Segway around Giant, well...let's just say it wouldn't leave me with a good impression of them.

WalkingWolf

To be honest, if I saw somebody riding their Segway around Giant, well...let's just say it wouldn't leave me with a good impression of them.

That is the wonderful thing about America, at least for now, nobody should care what a stranger's opinion is...

Just FYI, people often call the handicapped scooter a segway, and not only are some of our members disabled, some may very well make use of one while open carrying. The person that wrote that piece is a idiot!

If it comes to the point I cannot get around on foot, I would use a "segway" while open carrying, and the anti numpties can just BUGGER OFF!

Do you not have good impressions of the handicapped?

Last edited:

Blk97F150

Do you view people who drive those little electric scooters around in Giant the same way?? :eek:

(Hint: The guy on the Segway could have been handicapped....)

Edit: WW... you beat me to it. We must have been typing at the same time.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Do you view people who drive those little electric scooters around in Giant the same way?? :eek:

(Hint: The guy on the Segway could have been handicapped....)

If it was in NC, before August it was probably ME! Before my open heart surgery I was using the store's segways. I am amazed at the ignorance of some people. You would think there was no proper education in this country.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

If it was in NC, before August it was probably ME! Before my open heart surgery I was using the store's segways. I am amazed at the ignorance of some people. You would think there was no proper education in this country.

Some just don't think. A few years back a buddy of mine was here visiting. We went to a store in his vehicle and parked in a handicapped spot (he has a hang tag). We barely got out of the vehicle when some guy yelled "you don't look handicapped to me!". Without saying a word, my buddy turned his back on the guy and raised his shirt up... revealing the scars of numerous back surgeries (the result of a broken back in the military)... and replied "You were saying?". The guy apologized meekly... and wandered off. I think that guy may have had good intentions, but he sure wasn't thinking. :banghead:

TexasNative

Listen, we don't win hearts and minds by derp. It's easy to compartmentalize us as wackos when we're accompanied by wackos (and we've got more than a few among us). Folks aren't going to realize we're normal people by listening to our compatriots who say, "Hey, I'm just like you, except I carry a gun. Oh, and I ride a Segway through the grocery store."

WalkingWolf

Listen, we don't win hearts and minds by derp. It's easy to compartmentalize us as wackos when we're accompanied by wackos (and we've got more than a few among us). Folks aren't going to realize we're normal people by listening to our compatriots who say, "Hey, I'm just like you, except I carry a gun. Oh, and I ride a Segway through the grocery store."

You have something against handicapped shopping, or open carrying?

WalkingWolf

So, you're willfully misrepresenting the circumstances to "win" a point? I guess if you want to take a page out of the anti's playbook, that's your prerogative.

I am not the one who is ignorant of disabilities and the use of handicapped carts in grocery stores. The remark you made was clearly bigoted slap at the handicapped!

I don't give two poops about winning a point. What I do care about is some finger pointing numpty who is to dense to understand the reality of life.

It was YOUR post OWN it!

TexasNative

I am not the one who is ignorant of disabilities and the use of handicapped carts in grocery stores. The remark you made was clearly bigoted slap at the handicapped!

I don't give two poops about winning a point. What I do care about is some finger pointing numpty who is to dense to understand the reality of life.

It was YOUR post OWN it!

But you apparently give two poops about making stuff up, since this was never about disabilities until somebody digressed from the post under discussion.

Oh, and name-calling appears to be a part of your debate toolkit, too. If you have to lie to make your point, then you've already lost.

wimwag

Hey dude. Segway riders have the same right of way as pedestrians. Try one. They're awesome. Lean it against a rock to park it.

Walkingwolf, have you played basketball on one yet?

Last edited: