Thread: Bail Bonds/Bail Enforcement

Bail Bonds/Bail Enforcement

As my service in the AF comes to an end, I'm looking to start a part time adventure in BB/Bail Enforcement (with the idea of fulltime once I ETS). I am looking for information about some Hampton Roads companies who would welcome an AF vet with 11 years LEO experience. I'm getting the AF to pay for my initial certification class. (Bail Bonds/Firearms/etc).

I have my own gear (second chance vest, plate carrier/plates, black LE gear, asp and Taser. So until I knock out the requisite classes/licensing, anyone willing or in need of some assistance, I'd be willing to stop by, discuss, interview, etc in the interim.

To make this OC related, I'll be OCing a G22 with a G27 BUG while I do it... TIA

The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services licenses/certifies bail enforcement agents. Go find out what you need to do to get your credentials. In the meantime, the Yellow Pages can be your friend.

Ask what gear the employer provides, and then decide what more you want to add. But please try not to look like those fools on TV with their batbelts and advertising sandwhich board vests.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I'm putting feelers out to a couple agencies and I prefer discreet.. I'm not getting all "tact out" lol...

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Bad decision AF!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Bad decision AF!
    +1.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Bad decision AF!
    his career choice?

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    his career choice?
    Yes but that's not a career!
    But.....it's his choice to make.

Ultimately I want a career law enforcement. This is to supplement my income for now but my curiousity is peaked, why do you say Nap...

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    Ultimately I want a career law enforcement. This is to supplement my income for now but my curiousity is peaked, why do you say Nap...
    Just advice.... but if you even have an inkling of a LE career understand there is no love between the Law Enforcement Community and Bounty Hunters at all.

AF can you specificy when you say le? Are looking for police corrections feds state local?

I can't speak either way about bail bondsmen we don't deal with them around here. On occasions we'll get the local sheriff running around doing warrant stuff but that's it. Besides the feds and staties running around our area.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

You might want to ask your prospective employer about things like health and life insurance, as well as personal liability.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Primus... Local PD preferably... I like being in a patrol car but I don't want to be limited to accident investigations and traffic so not really interested in state. But I'd take anything in the interim.

Primus... Local PD preferably... I like being in a patrol car but I don't want to be limited to accident investigations and traffic so not really interested in state. But I'd take anything in the interim.
    Good answer. Its a pain to get into in some places but its worth it in the end.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

If you are open to relocating, I believe you will find there are several agencies in Alabama that would give you very close consideration. You will more than likely have to go through an academy and become certified, but it is my understanding that the hiring agency pays for that.

Do not get involved with any of the bail bonding or bail enforcement agencies down here. With only one or two exceptions, I have not been impressed with the individuals working for them (Long story involving a wrong address).
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Come on down to South Carolina. We are hiring Parole Agents like crazy. They will put you through the state police academy in Columbia and you will be a certified LEO. We serve our own warrants and get to do a lot of fun stuff that POs in Virginia don't do.